When do new models come out?

/ When do new models come out? #1  

RobA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
I am in the middle of evaluating tractors. Narrowed it down to either a Kubota L5030 or a JD 4520. Anyone know when these manufacturers usually come out with new models? Is it like car manufacturers who introduce new models every year? Any way to tell if a new model is in the works?

/ When do new models come out? #2  
Put your ear to the 'rumor mill' or the grape-vine (this forum is probably your best bet for 'early' tips and hints), IMO.

I don't see a 'when' happening as far as a specific and a cyclic or periodic time. Seems to be no rhyme nor reason, but I suspect the companies do some strategy planning affected by competition, sales, expectations, new technology, new engineering designs, plant capacity, market share, and a host of other variables all mixed in together.

Seems to me, the car sales don't have a 'big introduction' month like they used to 50 years ago, either.

/ When do new models come out? #3  
For whast it's worth one of the really great dealers for Kubota, Steve Carver, Carver Kubota in Dunn NC thought that there would be no major change in Kubota until 06.....that was his guess.

Hugh Sammons