Price Check mahindra kioti distance and price

/ mahindra kioti distance and price #1  

rcrcomputing

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti ck30
Posting a second time. Didn't see my first one appear.

Hi, I'm a typical newbie that knows nothing about tractors.
I've 5 acres with inclines rocks and trees.
I'd like to go a bit bigger than I need, yet stay at my 20000.00 limit.
Needs are FEL, backhoe, brushhog, and I (think) hst
Mahindra dealer is 35 miles away
Kioti dealer is 72 miles away.

The ck30 and 3510 look comparible. So, my question is, are they truly compareable, will I ever manage to get one of these in the given price range. If not, which models might get me there? And is the distance from deal that big of a deal?
I am open to any or all suggestions.

Thank You

/ mahindra kioti distance and price #2  
First, welcome to TBN. I hope you find all the answers you seek.
I think most posters will say that a close dealer is very important. I'm not one of them to a point. To me, 72 miles is not that far if you get a good deal, buy a good tractor, and have some agreement with the dealer about how to handle warranty issues from afar.
I also believe that, for the most part, most tractors don't have a lot of warranty issues. Many of the minor ones show up quickly, and can be resolved, and then it's smooth sailing for a long long time.
I base my observations on the many posts I've read, and personal experience.
They are comparable, but not equal.
Let's hit just a few points.
The CK30 has telescoping lift arms and Stabilizers whereas the Mahindra has turnbuckle check chains and standard arms.
The CK30 is 122.2 in long, The Mahindra is 115 in. long
The CK30's lift capacity on the 3pt is 1764# 24" aft of the hitch, The Mahindra states 2205, but doesn't say from where they measure it.
The CK30 is 54.6" wide, the Mahindra 53.7" wide.
The CK30 has 12.7 gpm hydraulic flow (steering and main pump), the Mahindra only 7.9 gpm main, 3.6 steering.
The CK30 is rated for it's 30 HP at 2600 RPM, the Mahindra is rated for it's 30 HP at the higher 2750 RPM.
The CK30 provides the main valve and joystick for loader as standard, I believe it's extra on Mahindra (and most brands).
The CK30 weighs 3055#, Mahindra 2601# (weight = traction)
The Mahindra will turn in a shorter distance, 8.2 feet, The CK30 9.5 feet.
The CK30 provides a 50 amp alternator, Mahindra 40 amp (more amps= more extras like flood lights etc.)
PTO HP is almost the same for both CK 23.5, Mahindra 24.
To sum it up, the CK30 offers a little more in most areas, along with a sloped hood for better visibility, curved arm loader for the same reason and extra strength. It offers also a mud gaurd to protect the operator platform, Mahindra does not (from their picture).
They are both excellent products, and I'm a little prejudiced because I have a Kioti and know the quality, but the CK30 offers more if the prices are comparable. John

/ mahindra kioti distance and price #3  
Hmm . . . I think KiotiJohn is quoting the wrong tractor he might have been looking at the 3015 series which is made my Mitsubishi

The Mahindra 3510 Gear Tractor and HST Tractor are significantly different tractors although I think they are both made by TYM. The HST is aimed at the small farm/residential/yuppy market (yours truly) the Gear is a more heavy duty tractor and appears to be aimed at more general purpose farming.

If you compare the specs you will find that the 3510 series both HST and Gear are in general a little more tractor than the CK30 but I'm sure Kioti has a 35HP model that is comparable to the Mahindra.

If you are getting similar prices between the 3510 and the CK30 then I would lean towards the 3510 but then again I'm also a Mahindra owner. Go check them out and scope out the dealers too. Go with your gut feeling and don't look back.

/ mahindra kioti distance and price #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hmm . . . I think KiotiJohn is quoting the wrong tractor he might have been looking at the 3015 series which is made my Mitsubishi )</font>
You know, you're exactly right! I went back over what I did to find the Mahindra listing and didn't realize I had misplaced the numbers to get 3015 instead of 3510. I should NEVER start doing these long comparisons after working all night and still being up!
The 3510 is a lot more tractor and has a lot more features than the 3015. It's much more comparable to the CK30. Similar pricing "could" push me into the Mahindra, but in this case, it would be a matter of which one I liked the best at buying time. If there's any gulf between the prices, with the Mahindra being a good bit more, I'd still go with the CK30 for the hood and telescoping features, and still has more flow than the Mahindra. As nice as those 3510's are, I'm surprised they don't use the telescoping hitch arms and stabilizers instead of standard arms and check chains with turnbuckles. To me, the 5HP is that attractive unless the pricing is much better than the Kioti.
I don't know which engine the Mahindra has as it was not listed. If it's the Mitsubishi, I'm not a fan of any of their products, gas or diesel. I know they use different MFG engines including Daedong, but don't remember in which models go which engine. Sorry for the incorrect comparison. Sure was a lot of work to be SO WRONG! John

/ mahindra kioti distance and price #5  
Don't worry John, us red guys will keep you orange guys honest!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ mahindra kioti distance and price #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Don't worry John, us red guys will keep you orange guys honest! )</font>
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ mahindra kioti distance and price
I have seen how KiotiJohn is comparing and have learned from that. I will be back tomarrow to tonight after I've done more homework.
BTW, all the "distances" on the kioti website are wrong. It is much farther to these dealers than the website says. To the average tune of 15-20 miles /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ mahindra kioti distance and price #8  
<font color="blue"> Don't worry John, us red guys will keep you orange guys honest!</font>

And all along I thought that Orange was the brighter color. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ mahindra kioti distance and price #9  
I think the 3510 gear is more comparable to the DK35.

/ mahindra kioti distance and price #10  
I have a Mahindra 2810HST and for 6 months had a Kioti DK-40 in my yard. Even though sitting side by side the front tires where the same size, and you sat higher in the seat on the Mahindra, The DK-40 was a lot more tractor than the 2810HST

Don't get me wrong, I love my Mahindra, and it suits my needs.

I liked the Kioti tractor, but didn't like the Kioti brand backhoe. If I didn't have the two side by side to compare it might have been differant, >>>>> no it wouldn't ,

I DIDN'T LIKE THE KIOTI BACKHOE, it was like riding a bucking bronco , and the tractor got hung up in the woods on the sub frame all the time. It was not uncommon to be hung up and have all four wheels off the ground and spinning.

If you are thinking of a backhoe look close at the Mahindra and Kioti sub frames. if depends on your use, but the Mahindra suits my needs better.

If no BH is involved , then there a lot of features that each manufacturer offers that make each brand stand out. The 3510 SS or DK35 are great tractors.

Also the 10 series Mahindras use Dae Dong engines, the parent company of Kioti. I wouldn't be surprised the 3510 SS and the DK35 have the same engine.

Dave in NH