Kioti DK35 vs Kubota L3400

/ Kioti DK35 vs Kubota L3400 #1  

Powhatan

A few days ago I posted a question inquiring on response about the Kioti CK30. I have 10 acres of land and currently have a Ford 8N tractor. I live in Virginia and have hard clay groud. My land is mainly a cut over I want to clear and maintain. I am now interested in the Kioti DK35. It is 1500.00 more than the Kubota L3400 but has more features. It is also 1000 lbs. heaver than the Kubota. The dealers for each tactor are close so dealer support is not a problem. I have driven both and still prefer the DK because mainly the transmission features are better. Does anyone have any experience with the DK or L3400 that may shed some light as to wheather the DK is a better value for the money. Would I be better off looking harder at the L3400?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

/ Kioti DK35 vs Kubota L3400 #2  
I looked at and played with the Cub Cadet version of the DK series tractors (same tractors, different paint, both made by Kioti). I liked it a lot. I am also a Kubota owner. Of the two tractors, I would choose the DK series Kioti. There are other tractors I would buy instead of either of those choices, but that is largely because I won't go back to gears after having HST on both of my current CUTs. Of the gear machines, the DK is the better choice. JMO.

/ Kioti DK35 vs Kubota L3400 #3  
What I know of the kubota model is only from their website. Based on that, I'd go with the DK35 for all it offers, especially the extra weight. For me, and many others, the weight = traction argument is important. The DK, which I HAVE used a few times, is a fantastic tractor in it's class. In so many ways it will outshine the 3400. Apparently, you've already seen that. John

/ Kioti DK35 vs Kubota L3400 #4  
Just to show you each of us has different opinions. I drove the Kioti and Kubota and chose the L3400. Both are good tractors, chose the one you like! JMHO

/ Kioti DK35 vs Kubota L3400 #5  
Tried both...DK35 was a huge price jump here. If you can get it for only 1500$ more than the L3400, I would seriously consider it. I am more and more happy with my L3400 as I use it. Power and comfort continue to surprise me. Very well built machine.

shawn

/ Kioti DK35 vs Kubota L3400 #7  
I'm not certain my pricing will be all that relevant for your area. The Kioti dealer here is in a fairly well-heeled district without much competition. He's a super guy with a dedicated following. The DK35 I was eyeing had a cab -- huge extra cost -- and many creature comforts. He did not give me a written quote. One wonders whether off-the-cuff verbal quotes are just created to steer you to purchase the unit the dealer wants to move the fastest. In any case, the DK35 with HST and cab was quoted verbally as 'around' $30,000 Cdn. The Kubota L3400 gears, FEL R4's came in at $20,700 Cdn. before taxes.

Again, big differences between prices in writing and those offered verbally, I find.

/ Kioti DK35 vs Kubota L3400 #8  
<font color="blue">the DK35 with HST and cab </font>

Where did you find this tractor? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

That is a pretty rare model. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RedDog

/ Kioti DK35 vs Kubota L3400 #9  
It was (?still is?) at the Kioti dealer in Gormley, Ontario...near Aurora...north of Toronto. Are we allowed to give out dealer contact information??? "Tractorland" I can get you the exact address and information. I was nearly 100% certain it was HST, I could be wrong as Bob (the dealer) tried to steer me the CK30 (beautiful machine, too) pretty quickly. Maybe he knew it was out of my price range and didn't want to discourage me. The cab might not have been a Kioti unit, though the colour matched and it looked fabulous.

Very impressive unit overall...every bell and whistle immaginable...