Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders)

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #1  

8Buzz8

Silver Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK55
Kioti DK45 v\'s LG 4940 (both with loaders)

Hi all, OPPS! (I'll try this again with the closest US equivelent model) this is my second post & I think that this site has been one of the most significant helps in me coming to the place that I'm at, which is down to a 2 horse race (as above) so can anyone help me make the final cut?
Buzz
P.S The Aussie specs on the LG seem to be a bit better than the US specs but the Kioti seem to be equivelent in US & Aust.

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #2  
Re: Kioti DK45 v\'s LG 4940 (both with loaders)

Hello 8Buzz8,

Just curious as to the LGs in Australia. Do you have many of them there? I love the tractors and feel they are some of the best. Daedong/Kioti is very good as well but my own feeling is that the LG is as good as you can get.

I am very interested in LGs in the rest of the world. Until this point our conversations here have been limited to U.S. owners. How is LG represented in your part of the world?

Thanks,
Maka

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #3  

I can only speak to the DK45 as the whole LG thing has been a confusing mess for me. They seem to have incorporated a lot of different brands under one roof, and model names and numbers have changed too much for me to keep up with!! This is not a slap at them, just an observation. They also don't do all their own building, which always bothers me as to the future for parts.
Kioti and Kubota both build their own units. Kioti also uses the same parts on several different models, making parts less expensive than some others, and cuts down on the confusion of different parts on the same model tractor which is common.
The DK45 is quite a worker, strong, heavy and well built. I like the layout of it's platform, and controls are all easily accessed.
The DK45 is the next purchase I plan as I have the CK20 now, and want to add a larger tractor to my workforce.
The Australian models are basically the same as the US models, but slightly different on the European-sold models.
I certainly would recommend the DK45 to anyone who's looking for a good, dependable tractor that's easy to use and has the A** to get jobs done, is generally priced less than comparables, and includes many standard features in the price, and has less expensive parts costs.
Good luck with your search, and of course we'd love to hear the results. Please respond back to this thread so we can easily keep up with your progress and eventual purchase.
G'day.
John

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #4  

Hello KiotiJohn,

Maybe I can clear it up a bit for you. LG manufacturers tractors. In many parts of the world they have model designations different than here in the U.S.

They manufacture tractors for many companies Farmtrac/Long being one recognizable name here. If you look at the LG Montana you have model numbers as follows

2740, 3240, 3040, 3840, 4540, 3440hst, 3940hst, 4340, 4940, 5740, 4340C, 4940C, 5740C, 4320, 4920, 5720, 4320C, 4920C & 5720C

first 2 number are engine hp second two numbers indicate 2WD or 4WD 20 being 2WD and 40 being 4WD. C indicates a cab and if no C it is open station.

I would say pretty easy to understand. Now JD numbering system is a whole differnt story and confuses me.

In any case LG manufactures their tractor but they do sub some components out like anyone. The cabs use Samsung tempered glass, hydrostatic drive units use Eaton pumps and some use Delphi injectors. Pretty normal and I will bet that Kioti subs out as well. Not a bad thing just the facts of doing manufacturing.

The entry level models called the value compacts are 27hp, 32hp and 34hp hst. They are all manufactured by LG but they do use a pretty good engine they purchase from a company called Daedong. 27hp number engine number is 3A139 specs are available on Kioti website for that engine and the 34hp Daedong powered hst is engine model 3A165 and specs are available on the Kioti website.

Would you agree that Daedong is a good company to have supply some engines?

The LG larger compacts and utility tractors are also manufactured by LG.

Some components are imported from Mitsubishi
Heavy Industries, Japan. This year : con rod, crank case, cylinder head ...., next year : only metal bearings, cotters and springs)

LG manufactures all of the transmissions, castings, hydraulic filters are genuine LG, oil filters are all genuine LG etc.

The LG tractors are manufactured by LG but they do some sub work as I see Daedong uses Bosch and other so yes, LG manufactures their own tractors, yes they do sub some things out but that is 100% true of every single tractor manufacturer.

I hope this clears up the confusion and gives folks interested some facts behind the LG brand.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #5  

The DK is nice but to compare the 4940 against it is not fair as the 4940 is significantly larger. Compare the 4340 or N41 and that is a better comparison.

Check out the specs and which one has more standard features. Drive both and see who will give you the best price.

I think you will find the LG manufactured machine to spec out better, drive beautifully but as far as cost I am not sure of in your neck of the woods.

To be truthful you won't go wrong with either tractor and I don't want to start a fight with the Kioti owners because they are good tractors. I just think that the LG tractors have excellent design, well built, many more standard features than the competition and are overall awesome tractors.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #6  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Would you agree that Daedong is a good company to have supply some engines?
The LG larger compacts and utility tractors are also manufactured by LG.)</font>
You've done a great job of clearing up some of the confusion I've had regarding these tractors. Every time I tried to get into finding out about them, I found more and more names associated with them, Long Agribusiness, and name changes, Farmtrac. Landtrac, etc. If I have the right MFG in mind that is.
I detected a hint of tone that makes me think you thought I was putting them down, but I sure wasn't. I have only recently even heard they're called Montanas. Is that not yet another change in name that is recent? I think anyone would have to admit there have been some major name swapping going on there which makes it a little hard to pin down exactly what's what.
And of course, I would think Daedong is a good company to supply engines. That's the part that was a little ???
Rest assured that a good tractor is just that, and you're right, Kioti and probably LG do use some other component makers, but until you told me, I wouldn't have known that they make their own. LG is a major conglomerate that has holdings in much more than the tractor buiness, so who knew?
They market some pretty good air conditioners that I've seen extensively in the Mexican Market, along with cell phones and many other products. Their main focus is not just tractors.
John

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #7  

Hi John,

Thanks. As I said, I like Daedong. I like lots of tractors and you are correct a good tractor is just that.

I actually have found that the Daedong engine is one of the best. Really smooth, quiet and just keeps going. Very good product.

My post have gotten a bit long winded so I will keep it short.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders)

G'day Fella's, thanks for the feedback.
The very fact that the LG's in "OZ" are so closely spec'ed and optioned like the Kioti's has created the problem that I have with deciding between the 2 machines (Kioti/LG).
I spent the day in Perth City yesterday (2 hours north) crawling all over both tractors & with my limited experience I'm just finding it difficult to separate the two.
There are definately more Kioti's or Daedongs as they are called here (personally I prefer the handle "KIOTI") as they have been in OZ for around 3-4 years now. The LG's on the other hand I believe have only been here less than a year.
In fact there was only to blokes that I got to speak with in my part of the state that have the model that I'm looking at in the LG.
The LG seemed to my son & I to be (& feel) a little heavier spec'ed. The LG is aroud 430lbs heavier in fact & the LG has an extra 3 horses under the hood. Both Tractors are very nicely finished although the Kioti seems to be finished better over all the cast iron.
I like the hood arrangement on the LG & there is less plastic in it too.
Without using the 2 machines I preferred the TPL set up on the Kioti & also the folding ROPS.
The fact that the LG engine is a Mitsubishi & not fully in-house niggles in the back of my mind a little too.
LG 16/16 & Kioti 12/12 speeds.
The Kioti didn't have a loader on it so I couldn't compare the 2 loaders but the local rep here in Bunbury is taking me out to see a fella on a property in the next town this arvo at 2pm for a look at his DK45 with a loader.
Oh and the LG's here are blue, not green like the Montana's in the US.
So far there are features that the Kioti has that the LG doesn't & vice versa so I was kind of hoping that there was something that was difinitive that someone could share with me that separated the two units and it would be cut & dried.

I guess I'm just looking for the easy wat out!

I'll keep you all posted as to the progress toward the purchase & then some feedback on how the work horse I decide on goes from the in and I'll see if I can include some pics too.

We have 14 arcres of low, wet in winter & very moist in summer, rich, heavy, peat country that we want to landscape with ponds & the like to concentrate the water & build up the dry land.

Best regards,
Buzz

P.S. here are the links to the two tractors if anyone has a spare 5-10 mins.
http://www.lgagri.com:8080/lg/english/index.jsp
http://www.daedong.co.kr/eng/product/tr_dk35_spec.html

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders) #9  

The specs on the LG page you sent state that it's also 12f/12r transmission, not 16. Am I looking at the wrong tractor?
Had you said the LG has a Daedong engine, I'd say go for it if that's the one you feel good on as they are close enough. However, I've never been overly impressed with any Mitsubishi engines, petrol or diesel. The Daedong engine is by far superior in MY opinion. Yanmar engines are better. This is my own opinion, and I'm sure others will disagree with it.
I REALLY became a Daedong Engine believer when my dealer was working on an OLD Kioti 3054 that had not been maintained well at all. The owner was in construction and had simply added new oil when it need it, never changed it, never did any real servicing to it. The owner stated the hour meter had stopped years before, and it read 1000 hours at the time I saw it.
With a good oil change, hydro change and some gaskets and other minor repairs, the dealer had it singing again in no time. I was totally impressed than an engine could take the abuse this one had, and still sound so good after some minor repairs. Daedong, SOLD.
John

/ Kioti DK45 v's LG 4940 (both with loaders)

Forgot to mention that in OZ the closest thing to a 4940 is the N47 which is 49HP 4x4, and that's the link that I posted.
The size is almost identical, (the LG is very marginally physically larger & (200kg) 400+ lbs heavier. Same wheel & tyre specs.
I'm going for the ROPS not the cab & the price on the LG is AUS$31363 + GST with a loader & fully optioned (no cab), delivered, 2 year 1500hrs warranty, includes first service.
The same in the Kioti will cost me around AUS$950 less.
The loader on the Kioti is a self leveler & the LG isn't.
The LG loader looks like it is a little larger in capacity.
Although it's hyd pump cap is 25% less volume per min than the Kioti, the LG it has a higher lbs lift rating by 140 lbs at pivot pins.
(1x AUS dollar = 78cents US approx).
LG = US$24463 approx.

Best regards, Buzz.