deere, kubota, or mahindra?

/ deere, kubota, or mahindra? #1  

westbrooklawn

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L3400HST
I am shopping for a small tractor to use in my landscape business... mostly moving mulch, topsoil, and some grading with box blade.

I have looked at the following, all gear drive with FEL but before tax:

Deere 790 - $14,945
Kubota L2800 - $14,530
Kubota L3400 - $15,300
Mahindra 2615 - $13,990

The Mahindra specs look best on paper, but I am concerned about resale values. I will probably only use this tractor 100-150 hrs. per year. What would you all suggest? Experienced replies appreciated!!

Thanks in advance for replies.

/ deere, kubota, or mahindra? #2  
Others have much more experience than I, but from reading TBN posts for several months here's what I've taken home-

They are all good tractors (and you may want to look at Kioti also, they're specs are awesome), resale on all probably are very good, but if you are going to resell sooner rather than hold on for a long time you may want to stick with the Big Three. I never did look at Mahindra so don't know much about them.

/ deere, kubota, or mahindra? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Others have much more experience than I, but from reading TBN posts for several months here's what I've taken home- )</font>
Are you still waiting to get your tractor? If you got it, you should change your bio because it says you're still waiting and it can't come fast enough!
I hope you got it and are enjoying it. John

/ deere, kubota, or mahindra? #4  
Around here, some of the farmer co-ops rent tractors and implements to suburbanites to do whatever chore they want or need to do. They are not dealerships who rent equipement. All of them turn their equipment after several years. I do not know if they own or lease. I do know that most often it is a New Holland tractor, then Deere, then Kubota. I have seen one Cub Cadet. Remember, these are farmer co-ops that are not dealers. My assumption is they are running a business and they look at what equipment gives them the greatest return.

/ deere, kubota, or mahindra? #5  
Hi KiotiJohn. Yes, still waiting. I'm trying to be patient, agreed on a price on Tuesday, they started working on putting it together on Wed. Then I got a call late Wed - the hydraulic block didn't come with the loader and they won't get it until Monday. Sooooo, I'm in a holding pattern until my newly planned delivery on next Wed. I'm taking the whole day off to play- uh, I mean work.

I'll be posting something when I get it. Everyone on TBN has been such a big help to me, I've got to share the joy! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ deere, kubota, or mahindra?
Well... I made a decision and went with the Kubota L3400. For about $500 more I got 34hp, and greater lift capacities. I liked the Mahindra a lot, but felt this was a better fit, especially in terms of power and re-sale.

They had to put the loader on, so I pick it up Monday.

Thanks to all for your comments.

/ deere, kubota, or mahindra? #7  
The Mahindra 3510 would have been more comparable to the L3400.

/ deere, kubota, or mahindra? #8  
I've been playing on my L3400DT for 3 weeks or so now -- absolutely love it!!

35 yards of compost/top-soil -- a joke.
New driveway down a steep bank -- fun.
'Bush hogging' for 4 hours -- rejuvenating.
Clearing brush, landscaping, pulling wood...I love this tractor!

My Dad's machine's on the farm were all work and no fun. This is too much fun to call it work.

Best power to weight ratio out there, I think (BTW, you can always add weight if you think you need it...you can't make something lighter). Fastest loader. Amazing resale value and reputation. I'm certain you will be happy with your decision.

Happy tractorin'

Shawn

/ deere, kubota, or mahindra?
Thanks for the info! I can't wait to get mine tomorrow. I'm afraid I will have to go shopping for a new trailer... My 14' trailer is marginal for this tractor... Always something else to get!!!