35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840 #1  

gmsssi

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45s
Hey All,

Well here goes.....Looking to stepup a notch and trade my B9200 for a 35+HP with loader. Recently inherited a bunch of loader work and have been shopping. I mow 5 acres and have about 5 acres to bush hog every year. I want a heavy tractor (+3000#) with a large loader capacity, so far the Mahindra wins. The LG Montana 4WD front axle is gear drive, no joints. Anyone know of the other models with this feature? Should I have any concern on 3 cylinder (Mahindra & Kioti) vs. 4 cylinder (LG & Farmtrac)? My Kabota has 4 and I am partial to this feature, should I have any doubts on either?

Price is not really an issue and all quotes fall between $17,000 - $18,200. Any other mention of the +'s and -'s are requested. I've been out of the market for quite awhile and I need all the help I can get and any would be appreciated.

Thanks,
G

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840 #2  
I ended up buying a Kioti DK45 . I originally was looking to buy a DK35 and loved the tractor after testing it . After talking with a few of the boys here on TBN I begin to think I needed a bigger unit and went to a DK45 for my 45 acre ranch .
A DK35 is a nice ,solid , heavy and well built tractor and should work fine for your needs . I also checked out the Mahindra brand but felt the Kioti was a better buy for my needs .
I have also owned Kubota before this purchase and it also had a 4 in 1 bucket . I thought the 4 in 1 was a little to "light duty" and ended up building a new "extreme duty" grapple attachment for my new Kioti#1590 loader which is much better .Many guys who own Kioti loaders do not like the roll back angle ,so you might want to consider Rhino loaders or some other brand if this is a issue for you . It has not caused me any problems, but you will notice the difference after running you "Kubota Made" loader .
As far as helping you decide what tractor is best for you , that is a decision only you should make based on your needs and research . All I can say is , for me , if I ever needed another tractor under 65 horses ,it would be a KIOTI. And I have ran heavy equipment my whole life .
By the way , when you have a little time ,add some more information in your personal "BIO" page . It might help some of the guys ,help you, in making your decision and finding a good dealer to work with .
Good luck, Big Al

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840 #3  
OH Crap ! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I'm so sorry . I just noticed this was your first post on TBN . WELCOME to the group . There is a lot of good information here .
Big Al

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840 #4  
I would have no reservations on 3cly vs 4cly. Supposedly and engine has more torque in the lower cylinders with a 2 cyl actually being able to pull more than an equivalent HP in 3cyl etc.
I'm not fond of Mitcubishi Engines in general, gas or diesel, but many people like them. The Daedong engines are very well made, and have excellent track records since their beginnings in the 40's. When searching for a year, I saw just about all the brands, and liked the Kioti tractors for fit and finish, muscle in the butt, and pricing with standard features the are options on other brands.
I have to say they all seem to be very good tractors, I just ended up liking Kioti better. Also, because Kioti uses a lot of the same parts between their 35,40,and 45 HP tractors, parts are less expensive as well, and they use a 50 amp alternator where many use much less. I like to add lights! lights! lights!
John

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840 #5  
3 cylinder engines are fine, in fact some engineers I have seen post on other forums feel that a 3 cylinder is superior. I don't recall all the technical reasons given, but they present a great arguement.

I do know that the 4000 Ford that my FIL owns is a 3 cylinder, and it runs great. If a bigger utility like that one does fine, then the smaller CUTs should do fine with a similar engine.

Some of the CUTs you are looking at are very close to the same hp as the Mahindra 4110. If you want to go a little large to gain the extra hp it would be an excellent choice. I haven't found a heavier tractor in its class than the 4110.

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840
Thanks and I would not hesitate to go to the 40HP class if given enough good reasons!

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840 #7  
Welcome! I would say that these are all excellent. I am partial to the LG Montana for several reasons but all are fine machines. I love the 4 cylinder Mitsu as it delivers smooth constant power and is very reliable. I would take the 4 cylinder Mitsu if given the choice.

The Daedong 3 cylinder is absoultly a great engine. It is very smooth and purrs. I have come to really like Daedong products.

I would say at this point to drive each. Check out the steering, transmission, see which one fits you the best, feels the best and what dealer you are most comfortable with. See which one has the most standard features and will give you the most for your expenditure.

In my opinion you will have a good tractor no matter which one you choose. Best of luck.

Maka

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840 #8  
<font color="blue"> The LG Montana 4WD front axle is gear drive, no joints. Anyone know of the other models with this feature? </font>

The Mahindra 3510, 4110 both have gear drive in the front axle, no joints. 3cyl vs 4cyl, both are well proven and should not be a concern, if you want a 4cyl, take a step up to the 4110 over the 3510.
Both are an excellent choice, Mahindra has hit #4 in the U.S. in sales and # 3 in the world. Mahindra is here for the long haul and parts and product support is excellent.
The other brands are also not bad choices, drive them and see what fits you the best and also which dealer will be there to support you after the sale should all facter into your choice.

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> The LG Montana 4WD front axle is gear drive, no joints. Anyone know of the other models with this feature? </font>

The Mahindra 3510, 4110 both have gear drive in the front axle, no joints. ...
)</font>

What does this mean? no joints? Why is it a good thing?

/ 35+HP Decision - DK35/3510/360DTC/3840
Joints bind like a 4WD vehicle when turning sharply. Gear driven is smooth with no bind on sharp turning!