The new tractor is on order

/ The new tractor is on order #1  

Keith_B

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4110
Gang, thanks for answering many questions over the last few months. I have now placed my order for the new tractor and it may be in as early as next week.

Early on I considered if I should opt for a small utility 2wd with loader, or go with a bigger CUT with a loader and 4wd. I opted for the latter.

Among the CUT models I considered were the Farmtrac 360, Mahindra 4110, John Deere 990, Kubota 4330 (and later the 3830), NH TC40A and TC45A, Montana 4540, MF 1540, and the McCormick GX40 and 45.

After looking, reading and pricing I narrowed my choices to the NH TC40A, the Kubota 3830 and the Mahindra 4110. I thought all were solid contenders.

In the end I chose the Mahindra 4110, in part because of what the NH/Kubota dealer told me. The dealer told me that the light weight of the Kubota and NH could be troublesome when using a 6 foot bushhog in our Appalachian foothills countryside. Weight was hands down in Mahindra's favor, as the 4110 was the heaviest tractor in its class that I could find. Not only was it heavier, but it felt heavier when I operated it, which means a lot when considering pucker factors.

There is a lot to like about the Mahindra. I was really impressed with the apparent power the loader, when compared to the NH, which was the closest contender for second place. The tractor ran and operated very smoothly.

I liked the Mahindra's 3 year warranty, and the reputation they have built by servicing their tractors out of warranty. There were a number of things that the Mahindra came standard with that were extras on the NH and Kubota tractors, and I liked that the company was willing to make those things standard.

I don't think I could have gone wrong with any purchase of my final three, or even one from my original list. I do think that for me the Mahindra was the right choice.

/ The new tractor is on order #2  
Best of luck. I am sure you will be happy with the new tractor. Make sure to post some pictures.

Maka

/ The new tractor is on order #3  
Good luck with your new machine. Now go get some rest, you have put a lot of effort into this decision and now that it has been made, I'm sure you won't think about tractors again until it shows up in the driveway /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif At least you will be able to sleep at night without thinking about it.

It will be a long few days waiting - delivery pics are alway cool.

Brad

/ The new tractor is on order #4  
Congratulations Keith! That's a pretty big ole boy you bought, and you're going to have a great time using it. Yes, we want to see the pics as soon as you can get them, but please make some with you doing something with it. After all, we can see all the plain old "still" shots we want on the internet. Much nicer to see real work being done.
Thanks, John

/ The new tractor is on order
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( At least you will be able to sleep at night without thinking about it.)</font>

LOL, Brad, I anticipate a lot of sleepless nights between now and the time the new tractor arrives. I can't wait to get it home!

/ The new tractor is on order #6  
congrats on the new purchase, now all you have to do is figure out how you are going to get any sleep till it arrives /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif