Rototiller Tractors?

/ Rototiller Tractors? #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I hate to disagree with the consensus, but when rototilling for the first time of the year, deep tillage is done at 2MPH. )</font>
I should have qualified my statement to include that I'm talking about first time tilling, not well worked soils. I can go a good bit faster on non-virgin soils. But if someone doesn't have a spot like that, it may be hard to get what they want with a faster lowest speed, but it can be done. Cutting through established turf can be a bear without being able to crawl.
John

/ Rototiller Tractors? #22  
Are you tilling at 4mph with a PTO driven rotary tiller? Wow that is fast, regardless of soil condition. Sounds more like the speed you would go using plow/disc method.

/ Rototiller Tractors? #23  
When you have tilled the soil in the spring, a couple of weeks later before you plant, a couple of inches deep at 4MPH with a PTO driven rotary tiller, this will dig up the weeds that have started since the first tilling. This works very well. The information on the speeds and the speeds that I use come from a reputable company that sells equipment for the type of operation that I have.