Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro's and con's

/ Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro's and con's #71  
Re: Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro\'s and con\'s

"it was a problem that only a hydro could have had"

Maybe I read the thread differently but..

"I have spoke with his technician by phone. His technician gave me a test to perform and concluded it was the clutch."

/ Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro's and con's #72  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have spoke with his technician by phone. His technician gave me a test to perform and concluded it was the clutch." )</font>

Hydraulicaly actuated clutch? Could that have been a pump inlet pickup problem? no pressure tot he clutch? etc.. still a hydro problem..

Soundguy

/ Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro's and con's #73  

I'm not sure.. but sometimes hydro & gear tractors need to be nudged/rocked(forward or backward) in order for the gearing to seat properly.

Did he lose power on the FEL, 3pt, steering?

"Hydraulicaly actuated clutch?" Isn't that on a Shuttle shift?

/ Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro's and con's #74  

The ag gear tractors we have lose PS and become unusable on any kind of hill. We have the tranny / reservoir over filled by 4 or 5 inches but it still won't let you go downhill well.

I try not to push them as running a hydraulic pump of any type dry isn't good.

Ken

/ Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro's and con's #75  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm not sure.. but sometimes hydro & gear tractors need to be nudged/rocked(forward or backward) in order for the gearing to seat properly )</font>

I've found that on an unsynchronized gear tractor, that I can double clutch if i can't get it in gear on the first single motion, and then in that case.. the double clutch always does it. Also.. If i can;t get it in gear onthe first stroke, sometimes hitting another gear and doing a shift in and out with clutch still depressed will align it right up,.

Soundguy

/ Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro's and con's #76  

Everything worked fine, except it wouldn't go up the hill.

/ Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro's and con's #77  

I've got a late 70s International 2500B that is a 4 cylinder gas powered HST tractor/loader rated at 50PTO HP, 3pt hitch with 9800+ hours on the meter sitting in my driveway. Engine died. Pins and bushings in loader wore out. Sheet metal rusted away to nothing. Hoses cracked and kinked. Steering cylinder blown. Hydraulic valves stick. All glass in cab cracked. Rims rusted out from salt water loading. Not a nice looking unit at all... Tranny works fine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For average use, I think most moderm HST units will last a long time.

/ Hydrostatic vs. Manual pro's and con's #78  

Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla rules! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif