Thanks Guys

/ Thanks Guys #1  

Ken_H

Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
As a new member just wanted to say hello. I've read many post on this site for the last couple of months and to say this site is informative is an understatement. I'm as green as you can get, in the tractor area and this is my first purchase.

After looking at grey market tractors and new tractors I settled on a Kubota BX 2230. I think I was smart doing that, looking at repair and warranty issues. I have a local dealer who has been very helpful and is within 8 miles of my house.

Tractors are selling like hot cakes up here in the high desert of Southern California. "I'm not a Demorcat either". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways I bought a BX 2230 with FEL, Gearmore 48" BS, sunshade, brush guard, rear work light for $13,200.00 including tax and delivery. I based those prices on the information on this site and thought it was a good deal. The selling price was $11,600 with FEL and BS.

My neighbor went with me and bought a B7610 with hydralics for the box scraper, a nice rig for $15,900.00

I have 2.5 very flat acres to manage and will do grading of my roads around my house. The 2230 I believe will handle this without problem. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Thanks Guys #2  
Welcome to Tractorbynet, Ken. Sounds like you and your neighbor both did all right. You threw me at first with the "48" BS" until I read further and found that you call them box scrapers while in my part of the country we call them box blades. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Is the neighbor's hydraulics for raising/lowering the scarifers (or ripper teeth) or is it on the top link for tilting the box forward and backwards? The hydraulic top 'n tilt (hydraulic cylinders for the top link and one side link of the 3-point hitch) is a great tool for working with a box blade, although many people do very good work without it.

/ Thanks Guys
Hello Bird, these hydraulics are for tilting the box forward/backwards, sideways on this tractor. This dealer puts hydraulics on most of his tractors, as they are in such demand around here.

He puts additional hydraulics for the rippers on the B7800's he sells.

/ Thanks Guys #4  
Hey Ken welcome to TBN!!! The BX2230 is about perfect for your land except for one thing. It is the wrong color /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just joking you made the right decision especially since the dealer is close and you like him. Keep yourself safe and have fun.

murph

/ Thanks Guys #5  
HI KEN; WELCOME TO THE FORUM. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif glad you got a good price on the tractor that is right for you.Now when i get up that way i have somone to visit and get some seat time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Thanks Guys #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Tractors are selling like hot cakes up here in the high desert of Southern California. "I'm not a Demorcat either". )</font>
Welcome to the forum. I think I can safely say that we're not interested in the politics, but the tractors.
Sounds like you did your homework and ended up with a good choice for your needs. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your tractor as I do mine!
John

/ Thanks Guys #7  
Ken,
Welcome aboard! Just don't mention anything like:
hydro transmission vs manual, ag tires vs industrial, grab hooks vs slip hooks on the bucket, or chinese vs korean vs japanese tractors. Other than that anything is fair game. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Thanks Guys #8