Tractor Selection

/ Tractor Selection #1  

madmac

New user and would appreciate some opinions on CUT's. Tractor needs= 20ac to bush hog, 6+ ac to finish mow. 1200ft gravel drive plus wood and woven fencing to install. I have been using a Case 530 but it is time to retire. When the budget allows I would like to add a FEL. Looking at the JD990,
NH TC40A, MF1540, and Mahindra 4530. All with the industrial tires. Any thought,FYI's would be great. By the way my place is in middle Tenn- Limestone capital of the world.

Prepare your fields first then build your house. Proverbs

/ Tractor Selection #2  
I'd say anywhere in the 30-40 hp range is great.. you are looking in the right places and at good machines.

Soundguy

/ Tractor Selection #3  
Don't be afraid to get bids from area dealers on setups you like. I just did that agin and was amazed at the spread on one exact setup from 5 dealers - about $4000. I always pick out about what I think will work and send out bid requests (by email) when I get it back I see who is the winner. Then work out the exact details with them. This could easily be the difference between say a Deere 990 and 4120 or buy lotsa toys. Of course you want to get agood dealer, but there are lotsa dealers out there who want your business and market share...

/ Tractor Selection #4  
WELCOME TO THE FORUM /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would say you are looking at the right size tractors about 40hp, you mention 1200 ft drivway, but what do you need to do with that drive? snow a problem?

/ Tractor Selection #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 6+ ac to finish mow.

Prepare your fields first then build your house. Proverbs )</font>

With 6 Acres plus to finish mow you might be hitting a tad bit high for weight and finish mowing. I mow with a TC29D and I do have to be careful when wet. In fact just a few days ago I was forced to mow when I didn't want to. But we had rain every day for over 14 days straight and I had a graduation party coming up in two days. Well I mowed, twice in fact as the grass was too long. But now I have some pretty big ruts that will take a good sized roller to get out. For everything else your picking the right tractors. In your comparisons I would watch the weights on each tractor and point yourself to the lighter one.

murph

/ Tractor Selection #6  
I like the Mahindra 4530. Almost bought it myself until I ran into a good deal with a used Kioti DK45.

/ Tractor Selection #7  
I would recommend a CK30HST if you need more then 30 HP I would recommend the DK45S it's an animal.

Regards
Glen

/ Tractor Selection
What a delight to find this site- wish it was 3 months ago. Thanks for the input. The 1200 ft. driveway is gravel and the heavier rain will wash ruts,etc. I am trying to keep the weight of the tractor B/T 3100-3400 lbs.

/ Tractor Selection #9  
that 4530 is not a cut, but it sounds like a good fit for what you have.

tom