MMM or RFM

/ MMM or RFM #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a Cub 5252 with a MMM (60") and a Ford 1220 with a Woods RM59. I mow the two acres around the house with the Cub and MMM. I can get within an inch of trees, walks, whatever with the MMM.

The Woods RFM does a better job on taller grass and I think cuts as well overall as the MMM. I mow some paths though the woods and a couple acres toward the rear of the property with it. I think if I were willing to do a little manual trimming around the house with a push mower, the RFM would work fine there also.

There might be some logic? to using a garden tractor for the lawn mowing duties, that would keep a lot of hours off a much more expensive piece of equipment. I find myself using both tractors for a lot of jobs I'm doing.
<font color="brown">Curt </font>
)</font>

I use a lawn tractor in the tight places and on slopes with 2 much pucker factor.

Works out real good for me.

/ MMM or RFM
Well, I purchased a Frontier 1072 RFM and I couldn't be more pleased. This mower is very well built and gives an excellent cut. Even when used as a rough cut mower...( I cut 3 acres of 3 ft tall wet grass in one pass) It is somewhat cumbersome in places, but its nice to be able to back under trees or up to buildings. I'm sold on the RFM over a MMM.

Thanks for all of your advice.

/ MMM or RFM #33  
Glad you like the RFM I am partial to them also. i like the ease of removing and attaching, and what i use it for i really am not to concerned with the finish look.

/ MMM or RFM #34  
I HATE MMM's for the simple fact of removing, installing, greasing, etc. is a huge pain. Everytime I had to push, pull, turn and move the 400 lbs of steel under my tractor I thought about throwing it in my pond.
It gave me a good reason to trade my b7500 for a L3430.