branson 3510 or kubota L3400

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( As with any of the "off brand" tractors, be sure you really like the Branson if you decide on it. If you decide a year later that you don't, you will not have much of a chance of trading or selling without taking a severe beating. Since I generally trade tractors fairly often, a tractor that would take a 50% hit on depreciation in the first year or two compared to one that may take 10% would certainly make a huge difference to me. A lot of times I thought I liked something until I bought it and had it for a while. Kubota sells roughy 100 or more tractors for every Branson sold. You may say "so what". But, that simply means that, if nothing else, there is a far larger market of people willing to buy a Kubota. A for example; on eBay, nobody has been successful in selling any Branson tractors in the last 90 days. There has been several hundred Kubota's sold in that time frame.

Unless you were 100% absolutely sure that it is the tractor you want, had a great dealer, got a much cheaper price, and intended to keep it until the wheels fell off, it wouldn't be much of a decision for me. Please note; I've said absolutely nothing derogatory about the Branson tractor itself, only the facts surrounding ownership of the two brand of tractors you mentioned. Most dealerships that do not sell either of the two brands will readily tell you that they feel there is a big difference in quality though. Call some. I'm sure they will give you their specific reasoning. )</font>

Hmmm. I could not for the life of me even find a used Branson, so I went with new. I don't think I will take a beating if I want to sell. Remember, Kubota probably started this way as well. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #22  
Well I finally decided on the Branson 3510i. It is going to get delivered this week. I am taking Friday off. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif This thing is built very well. I am getting a 5' Land Pride rotary cutter and 5' box blade as well. I guess I will have to be the first one to post a review after using it for awhile.

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #23  
The best of luck to you.