branson 3510 or kubota L3400

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #1  

EJG42

Tractor
nothing yet
I am going to go with either one of these.I know they have some differences but ther capabillities are about the same.With implements the branson is 600 dollars more.Could the brain trust get me any words of wisdom in helping me make my decison,because right now i can't pull the trigger.
Oh the work it will be doing will be pulling stumps ,digging out large rocks,working some hard ground on a hillside

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #2  
Can't speak about the Branson, since I've never even seen one let alone driven one. It might be a great tractor. However, the Kubota is one of the top two brand names (according to many people here).

My brother owns a 3400 and has been very happy with it. I happen to own a Deere but we drive tractors back and forth since we share the same machine shed. My impressions of the Kubota is that it is a beast that can really take a beating. It is comfortable to drive and has all the things I would need to get work accomplished.

Down the road, I suspsect (but don't know for sure) that the resale on the Kubota would be higher.

So if it were me looking at just those two tracotors and the Kubota was $600 cheaper - there would be no doubt in my mind - I'd go with the Kubota.

Hope this helps

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #3  
There is a dealer around here with the Branson/Century line. They sure look like a brut workhorse. I have heard nothing but good things about them however, I believe Kubota has been around a lot longer and it's dealers are more established. If you really like the feel of the Branson then go for it but I would be making sure your dealer has had for Branson for a while and shows signs he plans on having it a long time. Kubota I believe will have a better supply of parts and it's dealer will be there for you. Just my opinion and as I said, if you like the feel of the Branson it is a good rig.

murph

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #4  
I go to church with one of the mechanics from the local New Holland/Branson dealership. He said over the past year they've only sold about a half dozen Bransons. He said he is not impressed with them and he would not own one. I looked at them, specifically the 3510, it looked pretty basic, there were some issues with the controls I thought were poorly laid out, specifically how the levers for the controls prevented access or exit to the right side of the tractor. I thought the Bransons quick attach bucket was very lightly constructed with minimal reinforcement, the quick attach mechanism was also lightly made, the bucket itself was small compared to the New Holland bucket on their 35hp tractor. The L3400 I looked at had a larger bucket, but it was not overly sturdy either and lacked some of the reinforcements on other brands. The controls for the L3400, to me, seemed better laid out. Now all that said, the Branson probably works pretty well, I just was not impressed with it. Bear in mind, I use a Kubota B2910 so my views, while I tried to express them in an objective way, are probably biased. Also there are many happy Branson owners, so while I may not like some design features, it doesn't seem to affect the use of the tractor for the happy owners of Bransons.

Here is thread you might want to look at: Photo Comparison of Tractors There are photos of the Branson 3510 near the beginning of the thread, and near the end of the tread (pages 10 and 11) are some photos of the L3400. With lots of brands photos in between!

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #5  
I was faced with the same decision. Kubotas are definitely more popular, and there are more dealers around, but Bransons are going up as well. When I was looking at buying mine I had similar concerns but I called their headquarters and they are doubling their sales every year. Anything can happen to any company, but I don't see Branson going anywhere. They are backed by Kukje, who has been in this business for many years and they have major contracts with cummins, build tractors for john deere, etc.

Now that I have had my Branson a while, and after talking with others in my area who have kubotas, I get BETTER service than them. The kubota dealer in my area is one of the largest in the country. They sell a lot of tractors. They are so busy that often if your tractor needs repairs during the busy season(now) it can easily be 1-2 weeks because they are so behind. Also they sell a lot of tractors to businesses, etc that are their primo customers and if they come in for service you get pushed to the back of the list. My dealer has always been there for me. I am definitely a person and not a number to him. If I have problems, he comes to me to fix the tractor. If he can't fix it on location he will haul it in at his expense, bring me a loaner tractor if it is going to take a while, and bring me mine back once it is fixed. I guess it all boils down to the dealers in your area. I guess the way I see it is at least here Kubota acts like you owe them something and they have more than enough business and don't care about you. My Branson dealer is working hard to establish a business in a tough market with strong competitors and he is doing so by going the extra mile.

I am not knocking kubotas as I have limited experience with them, but if you are going to be doing a lot of work like you mentioned moving large rocks, stumps, etc the branson will do much better due to its weight. To me weight is everything. If you are just cutting grass it does not matter, but if you are moving heavy loads, plowing, even running a box blade in some conditions you will run into problems with a light tractor. You may have 35 hp, but what good is it if your tractor is too light and you just spin your tires?

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #6  
As with any of the "off brand" tractors, be sure you really like the Branson if you decide on it. If you decide a year later that you don't, you will not have much of a chance of trading or selling without taking a severe beating. Since I generally trade tractors fairly often, a tractor that would take a 50% hit on depreciation in the first year or two compared to one that may take 10% would certainly make a huge difference to me. A lot of times I thought I liked something until I bought it and had it for a while. Kubota sells roughy 100 or more tractors for every Branson sold. You may say "so what". But, that simply means that, if nothing else, there is a far larger market of people willing to buy a Kubota. A for example; on eBay, nobody has been successful in selling any Branson tractors in the last 90 days. There has been several hundred Kubota's sold in that time frame.

Unless you were 100% absolutely sure that it is the tractor you want, had a great dealer, got a much cheaper price, and intended to keep it until the wheels fell off, it wouldn't be much of a decision for me. Please note; I've said absolutely nothing derogatory about the Branson tractor itself, only the facts surrounding ownership of the two brand of tractors you mentioned. Most dealerships that do not sell either of the two brands will readily tell you that they feel there is a big difference in quality though. Call some. I'm sure they will give you their specific reasoning.

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #7  
Keep in mind I'm speaking as a Branson dealer in your part of the country, as you know on the east side of the state it is mainly farming communities that demand a tough tractor and the Branson have done very well around here, with No major problems. I would give out any customers name and know they would speak highly of the Branson tractor. Good luck Jason

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #8  
I agree with Bob and Dargo. If both tractors are priced closely no question: Kubota would be the pick hands down. For resale value, nationwide parts and service. Good Luck and do the right thing.

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #9  
Seeing as how we are all giving our $.02 worth...

Being here in Florida I have had the opportunity to test out alot of tractors. Most all of the major brands are represented. Value for the dollar is as important a part of the decision as any of the others. I have a Branson dealer right in my back yard (here at least) I was impressed with the machine. More importantly I was impressed with the effort that the company is putting into becoming a major player here in the states. The mechanics I spoke to did not seem daunted by the product and the ability to service it. For me the problem became the lack of support in the area of the country where I will be using my tractor. Had there been a REPUTABLE dealer within a REASONABLE driving distance I would have gone with the Branson!!! There wasn't so I chose a Kioti.

Ahhh competition. If everyone plays fair it's a wonderful thing.

Hope this didn't confuse it for you.

/ branson 3510 or kubota L3400 #10  
EJG42..... everyone here has made some valid points for sure....but have missed one of the most important ones. I see from your bio that you like to fish. Being a Branson owner, I definately can vouch for the fact that you can catch more bluegill with a branson. I am attaching a couple of pictures for proof.

sassafras

Attachments

• 672043-MVC-007F.JPG
    672043-MVC-007F.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 386