Steep property--follow up

/ Steep property--follow up #1  

ctadds

Tractor
none yet--but looking
I posted here a little over a month ago under the title of "steep property--need help". First off, I want to thank everyone again (and again) for all of the extremely helpful and valuable information provided.

After a good deal of thought, I had pretty much decided to spring for a Bobcat Toolcat despite the price, and overkill for my purposes (safety and stability is paramount to me, and dual seating is a big plus). A Bobcat sales rep I was talking to put in a call to the Bobcat office, and learned that they have a unit on the drawing board that is an upgrade to the 2200 utility vehicle (will be called the 2300) that will have an arm on it similar to the bobcat. A baby toolcat, if you will, that he claims will be priced at about 1/3 that of the toolcat.

It's left to be seen what the performance of it will be, but if it can do 1/3 of what the toolcat can do, then I will be a happy man.

To me, this seems like a logical step for the utes, although adding a rear PTO would be cool too (by the way, the rep also said that the Toolcat is slated to get a rear PTO)--has anyone heard of any other company headed in that direction?

Craig

/ Steep property--follow up #2  
Okay, let me get this right, a Toolcat will seat 2 (in A/C), have the front loader, and may now have a rear PTO too?! Now, that might just eliminate my need for a conventional tractor!!

/ Steep property--follow up #4  
That is one neat piece of equipment.