john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #11  
The Kubota L3130 is 32.1hp, 25.5 PTO hp, weight =2750#, 3pt lift 2200#

I think those specs are out of date. The latest I have seen on the L3130 is a weight of around 3300 and 3pt lift of 2600. It is also much bigger in size than the TC33DA, JD3320, or L3400.

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #12  
They could be out of date, but I got them from my local dealer, and they match up to the Kubota website.

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #13  
Bob,

Where do you see those #'s for the L3130 on the Kubota Web site? I was thinking about buying an L3130 and wishing it was lighter, thinking it was just too heavy to mow with at 3300 pounds. I have seen the lower weight numbers and 3pt capacity for the L3130 listed on JD's web site in their comparison section, but just figured it was a mistake by JD to make their 3320 look better. Maybe I am mis-reading the Kubota site.

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #14  
Sorry, my mistake, you are correct on the weight, my dealer data and the website data do NOT match up. Based on the website, the weight is 3300#.

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #15  
From the other posts, it looks like the JD3320 or the New Holland TC33DA would be your best choices. Do your research and examine each machine, here are some things I found on each of these units.

TC29DA & TC33DA
The New Holland Class II Compacts are rated at 29 and 33 gross engine hp, 23.6 and 26.9 PTO hp (HST models), and 25.1 and 28.6 PTO hp (gear models). The TC29DA and TC33DA are deluxe tractors with standard FWD, optional 9 X 3 gear or 3 range hydro, standard deluxe 3 point, and optional SuperSteer w/Sensitrak.

John Deere 3120 & 3320
John Deere offers four models in the 3020 series, the 3120, 3320, 3520 and 3720. This comparison will look at the 3120 and 3320, which match up closely with the NH Class II compacts. The 3120 has 29.5 gross engine horsepower and 22 PTO hp, while the 3320 has 32.5 gross engine horsepower and 25 PTO hp (HST model). A 3-range hydro is standard on the
3120 with no optional transmission and a 12 x 12 power shuttle transmission is standard on the 3320,with the HST optional.

NH Class II Transmission
Benefits
• 3 range hydro or 9 x 3 gear transmission avail ble on both the TC29DA and TC33DA
• Cruise control is standard on hydro models
• Industry leader in driveline efficiency--81.5% (engine hp transferred to PTO hp)
Value
• TC29DA has additional transmission option versus 3120
• More efficient engine HP to PTO HP to get the job done
• Increased power to implements and attachments

3120 & 3320 Transmission
• 3120 is offered in eHydro only
• 3320 comes standard with 12 x 12 power shuttle and optional eHydro
• Driveline efficiency is 74.6% (3120) and 76.9% (3320). PTO HP is what does the work, make sure your prospect understands this!
• e Hydro terminology:
• Motion match is the rate of return to neutral
• Load match prevents engine stall
• Speed match is the ability to preset max speed

NH TC29DA & TC33DA Overall Size
Benefits
• 2600 lbs overall weight (loader-ready)
• 106.2” L x 54.3” W
Value
• Higher horsepower to weight ratio
• Easy access to small work areas
• Better storage ability
• Maneuverability and less soil compaction

JD 3120 & 3320 Overall Size
• JD uses the same frame for the entire 3020 series, while NH uses two frame sizes in this horsepower range. This means that the smaller models, the 3120 and 3320, will be underpowered for their frame size vs. New Holland
• 2900 lbs overall weight, more compaction
• Uses more storage space and will not work as well in confined areas

New Holland Operator’s Platform
Benefits
• Most spacious operator’s platform in the industry
• Deluxe features include a swivel seat, tilt and telescopic steering, color coded and embossed
controls
• Seat features include an incline plane for fore/aft adjustment and seat weight control
Value
• Operator convenience and comfort is superior, makes for a more productive and less fatigued
operator
• Incline plane contributes to superior visibility

JD 3020 Series Operator’s Platform
• Operator sits low on the tractor and seat is on a horizontal plane, this leads to poor visibility
• Seat does not swivel
• Steering column tilts, but doesn’t telescope
• No embossed or color coded controls and controls are less rigid. Fenders are also less
rigid.
• No 12-volt power socket

New Holland Deluxe 3-point is Standard
Benefits
• Flex link ends, telescoping stabilizers, crank style leveling mechanism are all standard equipment
• Category One 3-point
Value
• Operator ease--even the novice operator can hook up to implements and attachments with ease

John Deere 3-Point
• 3-point arms are pin-on, not cast into rear axle
• Flex link ends are optional
• Crank style leveling device is not available.
Turnbuckle type leveling mechanism is cumbersome to adjust

NH Class II Visibility
Benefits
• Sloped hood design with 4 halogen headlights
• Can see side to side as well as in front of bucket in loader applications
• Smallest blind spot in the industry
Value
• No visibility obstructions equals more productivity

JD 3020 Series Visibility
• Semi-sloped hood design with only 2 halogen headlights
• Operator sits very low on the tractor and the seat is on a horizontal plane to provide poor visibility
• Semi-curved boom design detracts from visibility as well
• Large blindspot

Supersteer with Sensitrak Option
Benefits
• Smallest turnaround diameter in the industry
• Automatic FWD, “Set it and forget it”
• Longer wheel base (72” vs 68”)
• NH exclusive, JD and Kubota cannot match!
Value
• Greatest turning productivity--75 degree turning angle
• Sensitrak saves turf and tires
• The longer wheelbase provides more stability

JD 3020 Series Front Axle
• 62 degrees of turning angle (versus 75) means more direction changes
• Manual FWD consumes more fuel and tears up turf when turning, not good for turf applications
• Shorter wheelbase means a less stable stance

TC29DA & TC33DA Serviceability
Benefits
• One-step service access
• Can gain complete access to engine with one piece fiberglass hood
• Gas-charged prop cylinder raises the hood with ease
• Service interval decal
Value
• Convenient service saves time, more productive
• No tools required for proper maintenance
• Proper maintenance leads to longer life

JD 3020 Series Serviceability
• Hood prop rod
• Hood is not sturdy and flexes considerably
• Access to air filter is very cumbersome and time consuming. Rubber strap holds air cleaner in,
which is very difficult to access. Make sure your prospect sees this!
• Non flow-thru radiator design. Lower cost alternative vs a flow-thru radiator on the NH compact tractors
• The radiator prescreen is made of plastic

NH Class II Lighting Package
Benefits
• Two top mounted halogen corner worklights
• Two halogen headlights with dual beams
• 21st century styling
Value
• Provides superior nighttime illumination and

JD 3020 Series Lighting Package
• Two halogen headlights
• No sidelights or worklights
• Visibility with loader is poor in nighttime applications

NH 14LA and 15LA Loaders
For more info, see the Loader Tooth and Nail found under the “Implements for Compact Tractors” heading Benefits
• True curved boom loader; one piece design
• Larger rectangular torque tube
• Cast iron boom ends
Value
• Curved boom design means better visibility and eliminates stress at welded joints
• Durable and reliable loader
• Construction grade loader--Sell the Value!

John Deere 300CX Loader
• Semi-curved boom, two piece construction with welded joint
• Semi-curved boom still impairs visibility and is less durable than a true one-piece curved boom
• Small diameter torque tube
• Low grade boom ends
• Not a construction grade loader!

New Holland Standard Mid-PTO (Hydro Model)
Benefits
• On New Holland Class II Hydro models the Mid-PTO is standard equipment
Value
• Saves you time and money

John Deere Optional Mid-PTO
• On both hydro and gear models, Deere offers Mid-PTO as optional equipment
• Remember when pricing against Deere to add in this $406 option to compare apples to apples

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #16  
Does NH offer anything like Loadmatch for their hydro tranny?

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #17  
JT1972

You sure seem to be pretty dismissive of the John Deere product. If the NH loader is a construction grade loader -- why does the 300cx have 1598 lb max lift with 3327 lb breakout and the 14LA have 1256 lb max lift and 2712 lb breakout?

Also you failed to mention the JD 8.6 gpm implement/5.3 gpm power steering hydraulic pump rates to the NH 7.6/5.1 rates.

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( JT1972

You sure seem to be pretty dismissive of the John Deere product. If the NH loader is a construction grade loader -- why does the 300cx have 1598 lb max lift with 3327 lb breakout and the 14LA have 1256 lb max lift and 2712 lb breakout?

Also you failed to mention the JD 8.6 gpm implement/5.3 gpm power steering hydraulic pump rates to the NH 7.6/5.1 rates.

)</font>

From the looks of it, I'd say this stuff came straight out of an internal NH competitive sales guide. I would love to see the JD equivalent. Any JD dealers willing to post?

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #19  
Simply pointing out some differences of the product. Both NH and JD are good products, however if you look at the two objectively, their are some real differences. Simply lift the hoods of each if you want some very simple components to compare. I like alot of the older JD models, but like all manufacturers, they have cost reduced this unit alot and taking a look at the hood, axles, engine components - it is very clear that they have. Everything I have listed is factual if you compare components apples to apples.

/ john deere3320 or kubota b7800HSD #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My post lists every thing,and part### just trying to get some help on making a good choice.I know that the b7800 is smaller but I will get a backhoe and a full hydro box scraper for only $3,000 more)</font>

My Bad! You did list the numbers. But Bob is exactly right that the Kubota an Dere are different class machines.

I don't have time to go over the NH to Deere compare, but as was alluded already thare is lot glossed over there.

I was surprised that Deere's nerw loaders were not as curved as the NH design. Then I looked at Deere's 110TLB - definately cunstruction grade loader. They pointed out the reason for the straight section is to set the angle for maximum strength for digging, rather than a cosmetic "look": I will look up their expalnation later.

Don't get me wrong, I went out to buy a NH when I got my Deere. We test drove a Deere just before getting the NH to give a comparison. I never got the NH. YMMV.