CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is.

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is. #11  
Good post. Congratulations and have fun!

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is. #12  
This is one of the few posts of brands comparisons that I don't think anyone can bash. Excellent job and I'm glad you realized what you needed to do and what fit the tasks. Congratulations.

Steve

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is. #13  
Thanks for the post. Just made the same decision. I've had it for two weeks and love it. I was interested in the HD alternator, work lights and chain hook options that you mentioned. Are these Kubota options? Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is. #14  
Excellant post. Isn't it amazing that a group of machines can be so close, but some are almost poetry in design, and some just don't quite get it...? And yet the very features that turn you away from one asre the very things that draw the next buyer.

Right now the B3030 is the value leader around here. You get all the good stuff from the big guys for often times even less than the little brands. How cool is that?!!

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the post. Just made the same decision. I've had it for two weeks and love it. I was interested in the HD alternator, work lights and chain hook options that you mentioned. Are these Kubota options? Any further info would be greatly appreciated. )</font>

The alternator is a Kubota part. Funny thing about that is Neil said the only guys that ever want one are TractorByNet readers. I wanted it 'cause of the work lights, which will be especially helpful come fall/winter when the days are so short.

I could've gotten genuine Kubota work lights, but they are pretty pricey and not any better than cheaper alternatives. I could've saved even more money mounting/wiring the lights myself, but it would've been one of those things I'd never quite get around to doing.

IMPORTANT: Apparently you can *only* put extra lights on the B-series tractors if you get the HD alternator 'cause the stock alternator (which actually isn't an alternator at all) doesn't push enough current to power anything beyond what is already on the stock tractor.

The chain hook is just a hook welded to the top edge of the bucket (another TractorByNet reader thing), which is something the dealer does.

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is. #16  
<font color="red"> Funny thing about that is Neil said the only guys that ever want one are TractorByNet readers. </font>

That is because we are tractor geeks. I know I am the only one in my neighborhood who has extra lights.

<font color="red"> The chain hook is just a hook welded to the top edge of the bucket (another TractorByNet reader thing), which is something the dealer does. </font>

Shhhhh . . . don't say the dealer does that, that is the main reason most of us on TBN have our own welding equipment. There would be no other way most of us could justify buying a welder if not for doing fun modifications to our tractors! And I know of no other tractors around me with bucket hooks on them. But what the heck, they were justification for the first welder! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is. #17  
OK, how much approximately is the HD alternator? What is the stock one, if not an alternator?

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is. #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( OK, how much approximately is the HD alternator? )</font>
It's around $200 I believe (maybe $150 ?)

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is the stock one, if not an alternator? )</font>
It's a dynamo or generator.

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is. #19  
<font color="blue"> IMPORTANT: Apparently you can *only* put extra lights on the B-series tractors if you get the HD alternator 'cause the stock alternator (which actually isn't an alternator at all) doesn't push enough current to power anything beyond what is already on the stock tractor.
</font>

My dealer talked me out of the $165 plus installation cost
for the HD generator.

I just bought a B7800 and asked my dealer about about putting on the HD generator because of what I had been reading about other folks (TractorByNet) recommendations.
My dealer claims I don't need a HD generator, that they install
front and rear working lights plus the flashing top of cab warning light all the time on the standard dyno system.
He said the only time he has seen a problem is when all the lights are on and the tractor is brought down to idle,
then the dyno will not keep up with the load, the lights dim and more demand is put on the battery.
Above idle the dyno can keep up with the demand of the additional lights.
I just installed my Curtis cab and 2 rear working lights are next (for snowblowing), my deal claims I will not have any problems, even at idle, with just 2 additional lights added to the system.
If I add more lights and have a problem, then I'll think about the HD generator.
The only time my tractor is at idle is when I first start it and it's warming up and just before I shut it off.
If by chance I do run my tractor at idle with all the lights on
and demand is placed on the battery, the dyno will recharge the battery once I bring it out of the idle range.

/ CK30 3320 B7800 B3030 L3400 TC33DA TC30 winner is. #20  
DHD . . . I don't know if your dealer is 100% accurate or not, but I really do believe that there is way too much made of the alternator size needed to run lights. Most of us run our tractors the majority of the time during the day. Most of us who have extra lights don't run them constantly. There are many examples of little BX series Kubotas with 2 to 4 auxilary lights being run very successfully by folks here in TBN. For someone who runs their tractor at night most nights and wants enough light around his tractor to be seen from the space shuttle, then I suggest that you size up your alternator. But if you snow blow a few hours a week on a winter night, and still use your tractor during the daylight hours, I suspect there will be no problems. Further, I think my suspicions are backed up by the LACK OF PROBLEMS reported here on TBN. If it were a problem, we would all be reading about it right here!!!