Best Low Profile Utility Tractor To Buy

/ Best Low Profile Utility Tractor To Buy #1  

Cabinholler

Silver Member
I am needing to buy a used low profile utility tractor in the 30s to 40s PTO horsepower range so that I can use a sickle mowing machine on it to cut grass and weeds on my farm in places that I can't get my larger cab tractor on. Most cab tractors are top heavy, and they can't be used on steep rolling ground to mow with, or to use a rotary cutter.

My question is this: What is the best brand used low profile utility tractor in the 30s to 40s PTO horsepower range to use with a sickle mowing machine on rolling ground.

Cabinholler

The water will never clear up, until you get the hogs out of the pond. (You got to find what the trouble is, and eliminate it).

/ Best Low Profile Utility Tractor To Buy #2  
A MF 135 or a MF 243 / 263. Set the wheels out and both are low and stable.

/ Best Low Profile Utility Tractor To Buy #3  
Ditto what Jerry G said we have used massey for years we are not in the Mountains but our farms are very hilly and our Masseys seem to stick like glue.
I have a 400 series which took the place of the 200 series and am very pleased.

/ Best Low Profile Utility Tractor To Buy #4  
Those masseys are nice and low, also might wanna look at a Kubota MX5000 for another low cheaper type machine.

/ Best Low Profile Utility Tractor To Buy
slowzuki

I have been looking at a nice 1999 used M4700 Kubota tractor with a little over 400 hours on it. You mentioned in your post that a MX5000 Kubota tractor was a low profile tractor. Does this M4700 Kubota tractor classify as a low profile tractor compared to the MX5000 Kubota tractor that you said was a low profile tractor?

Cabinholler

The water will never clear up, until you get the hogs out of the pond. (You got to find what the trouble is, and eliminate it).