FEL :: Rated Lift Capacity vs BUCKET Capacity

/ FEL :: Rated Lift Capacity vs BUCKET Capacity #71  
Are these not specified in your manual? Mine lists the ballast requirements and a complete breakdown of the specs...

/ FEL :: Rated Lift Capacity vs BUCKET Capacity
Regarding your Question 1 & Question 2: The loader specs do not change if it is placed on a different tractor. My loader fits 2 or 3 different models of NH tractors, but the specs for the loader remain the same, just because one tractor might weigh more or have more HP does not increase the lift capacity. In fact the concept that some people have that heavier tractors = greater lift capacity has been disproved too many times, and I've provided evidence of it here on TBN several times.

Regarding your Question 3: The lift capacities given are maximum capacities. By default that would mean the most the tractor can lift under ideal conditions with proper ballast. So if you do not have the recommended ballast then you will not be able to achieve the maximum capacity, but this would be true with every brand. The manual for my NH loader states states the lift capacity and also states the required amount of ballast and how to distribute the ballast. (fluid, wheel weights, ballast box)

Regarding your Question 4: Lift capacity rating typically does NOT include the weight of the bucket. The reason for that is very simple, many manufacturers offer multiple bucket sizes and styles as well as pallet forks, bale spears and grapples. My understanding is the capacity at the pivot point is just what it says it is, and nothing more.

/ FEL :: Rated Lift Capacity vs BUCKET Capacity
<font color="blue">( Well, add another player to the 'deceptive anti-consumer' trade practices!

Look up the Kubota B2630 and B3030 on their website, and guess what? <font color="orange"> They list their FEL lift at the bucket pivot as per ASAE specs!
<font color="blue">
Folks These are relatively new specs, and I believe new models will conform to them. Sounds like the argument might really be with the Agricultural Engineers... )

<font color="black">
Mike, just for an update, I have the brand new Kubota sales brochure in my office and a new Kubota hat too. Both arrived from our mutual friend Neil Messick. The Kubota sales materials show multiple measurement points for capacities including 3pt at the ball eyes and 24" behind, as well as FEL at the pivot point, at 500mm (19.7") forward and even at the bucket bottom mid point, plus breakout at both the pivot point and 19.7" forward.

I think your concern that Kubota has changed to ball eyes/pivot pins is valid, but only on their website comparison page. On their specifications sheets (both in print and on the internet) they seem to do a good job of providing multiple measurement points.

THANKS TO MESSICK'S FARM EQUIPMENT FOR THE NEW BROCHURE & HAT!!!

/ FEL :: Rated Lift Capacity vs BUCKET Capacity #74  
And i don't think that they are out to triick anyone (in this area...) I really think there is a movement to a new standerd by the ASAE. Hopefully all points will continue to be posted.

Why don't the manufacturers list this stuff (drawings with all points measured, specs on different models, etc.. ) on their websites?

And it would be 'over the top' for the manufacturers to let us choose which models to compare to theirs. Kubota likes to have theirs up against smaller displacement or older models from their competitors (as if they really didn't match up well when comparing apples to apples, when just the oppisite is true...)

I don't believe Messick sent you any of that stuff. He never sent me any! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ FEL :: Rated Lift Capacity vs BUCKET Capacity #75  
<font color="blue"> I don't believe Messick sent you any of that stuff. He never sent me any! </font>
I wonder if it has anything to do with the color of your <font color="green"> TRACTOR </font>. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ FEL :: Rated Lift Capacity vs BUCKET Capacity #76  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I don't believe Messick sent you any of that stuff. He never sent me any! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Now you know if I thought that piece of literature would help get you on a orange tractor I sure would send it :)