Tractor for 7 acres

/ Tractor for 7 acres #1  

warmachine

Had 2 acres with a mobile home. Bought adjoining 5 acres. Almost all open, gentle rolling (western kentucky). Plan to do some brush hogging, fencing (goats later), build a pole barn and a house down the road (5 years or so). Have some past experience with some tractors. Currently have 18 hp craftsman lawn mower.

Dealers in the area - JD, Kubota, New Holland, Century, Kioti, Century, Montana and Long. Have some interest in grey market or Chinese tractors if price is right. Looking for suggestions on sizes and manufacturer recommendations as well as recommended attachments.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #2  
20/30 HP, Kioti CK20 is nice, NH, Bota, and Deere all make good products. I'd look at finding a good dealer and work from there.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #3  
Take a look at ck30hst for ck20hst from Kioti. It should give you the most value for your dollar.
Also take a look at Deer or Kubota.

Regards;
Glen

P.S. Good tractor hunting

/ Tractor for 7 acres #4  
I have 7.5 acres and have a Bota BX2230. 22hp and have the MMM. Flat land and it works well. Will do all the things you mention and the tractor can be bought for 10-12k depending on what you get with it.

Just for comparison sake I mention all of this. Happy shopping.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #5  
I'd agree with the other guys. You're probably best suited in the 20-30 hp range. I have 10 acres and went with a 24hp tractor. Seems to be a pretty good fit. As far as brands go, any of those you mentioned, along with a good reputable dealer who will stand behind their product, would do just fine. It's all about the $$ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif you're willing to pay.

Kevin

/ Tractor for 7 acres #6  
If you are mechanically inclined and don't need dealer support for periodic maintenace consider a Jinma. There are several different retailers/Brands around the country. I have a 20HP JM-200LE. It has plenty of power for 4 ft. implements. I have 2 wheel drive, and no FEL or BH. I can cut brush and box blade without a problem. All for under $6000. A good make ready will get rid of the problems most of have had with the early models. a very few people in this forum had bad experiences with Jinma but most have not. What little trouble I have had was a good learning experience for me.
Harold

/ Tractor for 7 acres #7  
I considered the CK20 Kioti for my 5 acre rec. property and thought it would fulfill my mowing needs but weight wise too anemic for serious loader work. Its a fine rig for a smaller tractor!!
So I looked at the CK25HST and liked it but decided nobody ever laid on their death bed and whined about buying too much horsepower. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif So I got the CK30HST which is physically the same as the 25. I love it!!
I looked at Cub Cadet and could have spent way more for less, in my case.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #8  
Hello,

I would think a 30hp tractor would fit the bill. Still small enough to do the smaller jobs but large enough to grow with. Go to each dealer, see who you feel most comfortable with and who will give you the most for you money as far as the

JD, Kubota, New Holland, Century, Kioti, Century, Montana and Long.

I am partial to the Montana 3040 or 3440hst but all the above make good tractors. As for Chinese or gray market I will leave that for others to address.

Maka

/ Tractor for 7 acres #9  
That property needs a good dependable tractor with dealer support.

Of course, that's a Deere 790.

Or, the equivalent Kubota (B7800) or New Holland (TC 29 or TC 30).

I strongly advise against any of the lesser known or badge engineered imports unless you're willing to do your own work (and are capable of that work) or risk willing to have an orphan tractor a few years down the road.

Personally, I'd go for a used Deere, Kubota or NH before even considering those lesser known models. Of course, that's just my opinion.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I strongly advise against any of the lesser known or badge engineered imports unless you're willing to do your own work (and are capable of that work) or risk willing to have an orphan tractor a few years down the road.

)</font>

I would but my Kioti Ck30hst against any other brand. I did infact that's why I purchased a Kioti.

Regards;
Glen