Purchasing first tractor! CK30 or B3030?

/ Purchasing first tractor! CK30 or B3030? #11  
Good luck Fred! I've heard many great things about both tractors. I used my friends JD4300 which is a fairly heavy tractor.(I don't believe it is as heavy as CK30) I went around the outskirts of my lawn. It killed the grass where the wheels went, but I just re-seeded. Shouldn't be too big a deal if you don't mind an indent. Of course, I could have waited for the lawn to be completely dry, but that would involve just looking at the tractor not being used in my yard.....haha Can't do it.
(I also made MANY trips over the lawn)
Again, Good luck! You can't go wrong with either tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Purchasing first tractor! CK30 or B3030? #12  
I nearly purchased the CK30. Really great machine: comfortable, many standard features, tough and heavy, great looks.

I ended up with an L3400DT because I felt the transmission was tighter than the shuttle shift model of the CK30, the loader seemed much quicker than on the CK30, and ULTIMATELY, the price was actually lower on the L3400DT in my area (not true in all areas).

I wanted the maximum hp for the $, a 'tough', no-frills machine, and something that wouldn't be too heavy for the lawns. I wouldn't go much heavier than the 2600lbs of the L3400 for lawn work, IMO (some might say this is too much).

BTW, I was not at all impressed with the CK30 HST -- seemed to use up too much power in an already compact machine.

Don't let the weight = more useable power argument fool you. You can always add ballast...you can't lighten your machine.

Sounds like a really great place!

Shawn

/ Purchasing first tractor! CK30 or B3030? #13  
I purchased the CK30. Really great machine, many standard features, tough and heavy, great looks.

I don't mow my lawn with the CK30, but I do drive on it alot. I have sandy soil all I do is water it when I'm done As for the loader and HST they work great. HST impressed me from the start. You will get many more Features with the CK30 then the Bota. Examples rear hydraulics, better alternator etc..
Regards
Glen

/ Purchasing first tractor! CK30 or B3030? #14  
<font color="blue"> Don't let the weight = more useable power argument fool you. You can always add ballast...you can't lighten your machine.</font>

You can add and add weights. You can also add additional stress points to a light weight tractor vs. weight that was designed into a tractor. More weight does give better traction. Better traction puts more power to the ground. YMMV.

Don

/ Purchasing first tractor! CK30 or B3030? #15  
Hello tractor experts - I got 166 acres; 143 is woods. I use an atv to haul out firewood and mow trails, meadows, field edges. The atv is too small but for the price of a new 1 I am thinking compact 4wd tractor.
In addition to pulling out firewood and mowing, I could blow snow off 1/2 mile of trail. Maybe you could even skid a small log out.
A cab, like I see is available for Kubota b3030, would be a plus for winter snow clearing. I see how a fel could cut some labor out.
Any advice appreciated. Thnx.