Tractor Sizing What size and type of tractor do I need?

/ What size and type of tractor do I need? #1  

LocoLobo

I live in California on 5 acres. I need something to do some landscaping, move dirt/rocks around, grade and mainly knock down weeds yearly. The wife is on me about the expense so I'm trying to keep it around 10k. As far as a I know I only have a Kubota and John Deere dealership in my local area. Any information/advise would be great.

/ What size and type of tractor do I need? #2  
I would look at something used.

/ What size and type of tractor do I need? #3  
<font color="blue"> I need something to do some landscaping, move dirt/rocks around, grade and mainly knock down weeds yearly. The wife is on me about the expense so I'm trying to keep it around 10k. </font>

Hey LocoLobo,

JD, and Kabota are excellent tractors, however, on a strict budget and with your wife standing by, with whip in hand, I suggest that you look at the New Chinese Jinma or Kama tractors. A used tractor is also an option, but in my opinion, that is more risky than a new Chinese Tractor, with a warranty. Some of the new Chinese Tractors come with a 2 year warranty now, and that ain't bad, in my opinion.

Be sure to get one with PS, 4WD, 3cylinder, 20-25hp(IMHO), Canopy, and Weight Adjustable Seat, and believe it or not, a lot of the Women Folk, like to drive the tractors, just as much or more than we do.

You can get more info about the Chinese TRactors in the Chinese Section. Be aware of the common scare tactics that you will hear about the Chinese Tractors though. Some will lead you to believe, that the tractor will literally break in half. You can believe about 1/10 of the negative feedback, on the Chinese Tractors. In My Opinion.

Good Luck with your New Tractor Purchase.

Get Your Tractors Running &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ What size and type of tractor do I need? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Some of the new Chinese Tractors come with a 2 year warranty now, and that ain't bad, in my opinion.)</font>

I think a lot of them do now. I'm telling you, those Tractor King units at Rural King certainly look like a lot of tractor for the money. With a 2 year warranty, with their heavy weight, good power, and low price, they certainly are attractive.

/ What size and type of tractor do I need? #5  
I was just on the Rural King website and just couldnt believe the price of there tractors. 6K for a 25 HP 4X4 tractor /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://ruralking.com/netflyer_web/page6.html

And they are pretty nice looking tractors to. Wish we had a rural king here in VA. TSC is ok but I was in a rural king in Brazil IN and couldnt stop drooling.

Just looking at it again and the tractor also comes with a canopy (sunshade)

/ What size and type of tractor do I need? #6  
not sure if you can find anything new, with a fel for that price. my recommendation is to look for used or way off name brand.

/ What size and type of tractor do I need? #7  
Depending on how much time you have to get your work done and how much of it there is, you should be able to get a Kubota bx in that price range. Of course, prices in CA could differ significantly from PA. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif