Oversea's Kubota

/ Oversea's Kubota #1  

John_B32

Oversea\'s Kubota

I just bought a 3 acre piece of land in Southern California where I plan to build a home. I just started looking at tractors a few months ago and am still very new, so please forgive me if I mis-state anything. However, I just stumbled across a great deal on a Kubota that's being sold by someone in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The seller made several promises regarding the condition of the tractor, even offering free shipping and a money back guarantee through a third party. My question is this; is a Kubota tractor sold overseas really a Kubota, or is it one of those "gray market" tractors that I remember reading about.

Any advice would be appreciated.

/ Oversea's Kubota #2  
Re: Oversea\'s Kubota

I would bet this guy is selling it on eBay. It's a scam!

/ Oversea's Kubota #3  

Welcome to the site . As Gator boy says" its a scam "!!! Run don't walk away . We see new post about this quite often and it has been discussed in detail here on TBN .
I for one would sure like to catch one of these good old boy's pulling a stunt like this . Take him out behind the wood shed and teach him a few manners .
Allen

/ Oversea's Kubota #4  

I definitely agree with Gatorboy. Report the auction to eBay and I bet in a couple of hours it will be gone. They now respond on those a lot faster. Nearly every week you can find a "buy it now" for a Yamaha Rhino, which sells for around $8600, for about $3500. Usually the item is listed as being somewhere in the U.S. until you inquire about it. Then you get some lame story about it and assurance that it's safe etc. Someone should string them up! Personally, I don't take kindly to someone trying to steal the money you work so hard to earn. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I'll join BigAl behind the shed with them in manner instruction 101! They wouldn't be able to steal again I would imagine. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Oversea's Kubota #5  

Run away as far away from it as you can!!!!

/ Oversea's Kubota

Thanks guys. You nailed it. I figured it was too good to be true, but I had to at least inquire before just blowing off an offer like that.

/ Oversea's Kubota #7  

You should have some fun with the guy before you blow him off. Ask for a bunch of pictures then find a local town near where he said it was. Pick a bar ansd you can say you've got a business friend traveling on business who can leave a cashiers check with the bar owner for him. Tell the bar guy to write you're screwed on paper and send see what happens. I've found a local bar in London that I met the owner when I was on business. All his patrons seem to love the look on the Nigerians that go into a bar that they would never enter to pick up the cash. I've done three so far and it gets better and better everytime.