Which Tractor to Buy

/ Which Tractor to Buy #41  
Bob, it may appear that NH has one CUT offering, but that tends not to be the case. When I was looking for a tractor around 40hp the NH choices were the TC40A, TC40D and then variations of both that were determined by the options chosen. I found that while the tractors have the same engine and look the same the feel of the tractors is very different. The differences go beyond the transmission differences.

/ Which Tractor to Buy #42  
Kieth; I think the only option difference between the A and the DA, is supersteer and that autoFWD thingy that comes with the SS. I believe all other options such as remotes and QT can be had on any model. At least last year when I got my 35DA. Could be wrong for 2005 though. With the DA, you get a nicer seat with suspension, rubber floor mat, hydro, and a toolbox, oh yeah, don't forget the ever popular cup holder too! There is also an aux electrical receptacle/lighter outlet under the seat. I think the headlights are a little different also. And folding ROPS, and the deluxe TPH. On the A model, you can get the deluxe TPH and the folding ROPS also, But the DA comes fully loaded. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Which Tractor to Buy #43  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Brent; Who do you think you're BSing? You flopped that Branson yourself, probably because it wasn't orange. You're terrible! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Actually, I did shut it off. It was still running when I got there. I also had to instruct the fire department that they needn't evacuate a city block for fear of an explosion from the leaking fuel. Duh! Spilled diesel fuel mixed with a little hydraulic fluid, with just a touch of anti-freeze just isn't a big time combustible mixture. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey, wait a minute! I actually did use a Kioti tractor and helped the owner right the wayward Branson. I think I have pics to prove that as well. The problem is my cheap *** phone has an awful flare from the sun.

Here, I'll tick some people off. I'm on my 5th Motorola Razr phone in 6 months. They are JUNK!!

**Update**

The dealership employee was released from the hospital. He will not suffer from any permanent brain damage as first feared. Seatbelt use is obviously required at all times at ****** Equipment by all employees and customers now. A quick plug, Mr. ****** is a true gentleman. To stay out of trouble, I blanked out the dealer's name and his name on his dealership.

/ Which Tractor to Buy #44  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kieth; I think the only option difference between the A and the DA, is supersteer and that autoFWD thingy that comes with the SS. I believe all other options such as remotes and QT can be had on any model. At least last year when I got my 35DA. Could be wrong for 2005 though. With the DA, you get a nicer seat with suspension, rubber floor mat, hydro, and a toolbox, oh yeah, don't forget the ever popular cup holder too! There is also an aux electrical receptacle/lighter outlet under the seat. I think the headlights are a little different also. And folding ROPS, and the deluxe TPH. On the A model, you can get the deluxe TPH and the folding ROPS also, But the DA comes fully loaded. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

John, looks to me like you have listed a number of additions there to go from an A to the DA.

/ Which Tractor to Buy #46  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kieth; Yup, yur right! )</font>

But John, just some quick questions about the TC35/40/45 machines. Are all of them built on the same frame? Do all use the same basic components? Pick your HP and you can get the TC35 in various trim levels, with various transmissions, and in 2 or 4wd, but basically the tractor is the same tractor, the options are different.

Now compare that to JD, where you have the "10" series and the "20" series. Those are completely different tractors, different engines, differnet frames, different everything.

And compare that to Kubota, they have the B, L and Grand L in their mid size line up. The are totally different lines of tractors built on different frames, with different engines, etc. It is not a matter of trim level and a series of options as NH offers. I fear we are splitting hair on the issue, but to me, a TC40 is the same "basic" tractor regardless of whether it is a DA or an A option level.

/ Which Tractor to Buy #47  
Bob; I screwed up my previous post. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Yes, the Class III Boomers are all the same machine. The difference between the A and the DA are nothing but cosmetics, functional, but still cosmetic. With the 35, you get a 3 banger, with the 40 and 45, they're 4. You could look at it like this, an F350, well, what engine, trans, trim level [XL, XLT, Lariat]. But yeah, it's still an F350. This is what I should have posted to begin with. Musta had other posts on my mind. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif