Which Tractor to Buy

/ Which Tractor to Buy #1  

captkel

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I am doing reasearch on purchasing a new tractor and found this site. Seems like a great place to ask the community of tractor owners about my choices. I have a Ford 4030 orchard tractor I will be trading in and have gone back to the dealer where it was purchased hoping to get a better trade in. The dealer sells New Holland...I realize this is a compact tractor site but I do see a lot of knowledgeable folks that have larger tractors. I am looking at a TN60A with a cab. The dealer is asking $24,900 for a 2005 2WD, tractor only. I have stumbled upon several posts that mention Branson tractors and have viewed their site. I actually called a dealer today and he told me he was getting in a new shipment of cab tractors next month and that they would be less expensive that New Holland, Kubota and John Deere...These are basically the lines I am looking at. Can anyone enlighten me on these Branson units...what's the scoop on them? I actually would like to have a Deere but the cost is considerably more...New Holland seems to be a good choice from what I have read. Thanks for any input...great tractor site...

/ Which Tractor to Buy #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I actually would like to have a Deere but the cost is considerably more )</font>
I had the same thoughts a couple of years ago when I was tractor shopping. Then I decided that this tractor purchase was something I would have to live with for a very long time, and a few more bucks was not going to stop me from getting what I wanted. I was hoping to go with the 3 year no interest loan, but could not make that kind of payment. So I added a year to the loan and got a 3.9% rate instead. I am very happy with my JD. The only issue I have had was a fogging dash, and my dealer sent someone out with a new anti fog glass and we installed that and it has not fogged up since.

/ Which Tractor to Buy #3  
Take a look at the new Kioti DK55 and DK65. I think you'll like what you see!

/ Which Tractor to Buy #4  
<font color="blue">I am looking at a TN60A with a cab. The dealer is asking $24,900 for a 2005 2WD, tractor only. </font>

I can tell you that is more than I paid for my 4wd! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif In fairness though, mine is a 02 model not 05, and does not have a cab. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It does have a loader!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can't help you at all with the Bransons, but can tell you my Kioti is a real horse!!

Good luck in your search, RedDog

/ Which Tractor to Buy #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I am doing reasearch on purchasing a new tractor and found this site. Seems like a great place to ask the community of tractor owners about my choices. I have a Ford 4030 orchard tractor I will be trading in and have gone back to the dealer where it was purchased hoping to get a better trade in. The dealer sells New Holland...I realize this is a compact tractor site but I do see a lot of knowledgeable folks that have larger tractors. I am looking at a TN60A with a cab. The dealer is asking $24,900 for a 2005 2WD, tractor only. I have stumbled upon several posts that mention Branson tractors and have viewed their site. I actually called a dealer today and he told me he was getting in a new shipment of cab tractors next month and that they would be less expensive that New Holland, Kubota and John Deere...These are basically the lines I am looking at. Can anyone enlighten me on these Branson units...what's the scoop on them? I actually would like to have a Deere but the cost is considerably more...New Holland seems to be a good choice from what I have read. Thanks for any input...great tractor site... )</font>

You may want to consider Kioti, Mahindra or McCormick. A local dealer is selling a lot of the McCormick tractors.

/ Which Tractor to Buy #6  
Welcome to the forum captkel.

Like another poster stated above, do not discount what you really want just because it costs more. Most likely you will have this tractor for a very long time to come. A five thousand dollar price difference on a tractor you keep for 20 years is only $400 per year. You don't want to be here in a year or two saying "If only I'd bought X".

Most posters will agree that you need to find a tractor you like at a dealer who treats you well. From what I've read here, the top 3 (Deere, New Holland, and Kubota) are very close in quality and the next tier (Kioti, Mahindra, Branson, and some others) has little, if any, drop-off. You won't go wrong with most any of them.

Best of luck with you decision and purchase.

/ Which Tractor to Buy #7  
First welcome. Second take a look at the Kioti Dk45s and Dk55.

Regards;
Glen

/ Which Tractor to Buy #8  
My local New Holland dealer is also a Branson dealer. One of the guys at my church is the head mechanic at that dealership and he and I talk tractors whenever there is a church event. He is not impressed with the Branson line at all. The last time I talked with him, they had the line for nearly a year and they only sold 5 Bransons, they sell about a dozen New Hollands every month. Put the machines side by side and take a look. Yes, the Branson costs a lot less, and yes the Branson is going to pull a plow, but with the Branson you get very rudementary design layouts and ergonomics. No brand is perfect, but in AG tractors, Case/New Holland is the leading manufacturer in the world, largely because they make good stuff, and because it is designed well. If you want a tractor of that configuration and size, with a cab, you will be hard pressed to find better designed, better performing tractors than Case, New Holland and John Deere, especially if you want an experienced dealer to stand behind the product and have the skill to fix it in the field. When you are talking that size machine, it is not easy to pop it on the back of a trailer and just run it into the shop for a quick adjustment or repair. You will need a dealer with mobile service techs who have the equipment and parts you need to get you back running. Sometimes that costs a bit more, but what price can you put on trust, reliability and service when you really need it?

One other thing to consider when looking at larger tractors, you can check out their performance because to sell AG tractors over 40hp in Nebraska they have to be tested by an independant testing service.

These companies meet the Nebraska requirements (last time I checked):
Case
Deere
Massey Ferguson
McCormick
New Holland

These companies do NOT meet the Nebraska requirements (last time I checked):
Branson
Century
Kioti
Kubota
Mahindra
Montana

/ Which Tractor to Buy #9  
Hello. It sounds like you have a good grasp on what you want. You are looking at a top tier tractor and, I assume from what you posted, that is what you want. You may save some money by buying an off brand tractor, but that is what you will have. Quality, factory trained techs, and a parts department stocked with the most frequently needed parts are just some of the benefits you will reap with going with a top tier tractor; not to mention resale should you decide to sell or trade one day.

This is not to say that you won't find a bargain with a bargain brand tractor, but it is up to you as to what you want. If you want a bargain brand tractor, I'd highly recommend going by a local Rural King store and check out their line of Tractor King tractors. Those tractors are every bit as good as the other off brand tractors suggested, but you will save considerably more money and have an actual chain store that is more likely to provide you service than a road side yard barn dealership will. They have more to lose, and they are less likely to pull up their tent stakes and move on.

That said, I think you will not be satisfied based on what you've said unless you actually drive the New Holland tractor you are considering, look it over closely, and compare the dealership's facility to those of the other brands you compare. Sometimes you simply get what you pay for. Good luck in your quest!

/ Which Tractor to Buy #10  
<font color="blue"> These companies do NOT meet the Nebraska requirements (last time I checked):
</font>
These companies have not submitted their products for testing in Nebraska....I believe.
Is this correct?

Don