Ordering a tractor tomorrow. Please help!

/ Ordering a tractor tomorrow. Please help!
That is the same thing I have been thinking about. I think that is what I am going to do.
Oh and I made a mistake. I will be ordering tomorrow. I forgot today is Sun.
I am going to go with the L3130HST with R4 tires, heavy duty 72in bucket with replacable blade and skidsteer quick connect. A set of forks and a box blade.
The tractor comes with the mid PTO.
If anyone has any ideas of anything I would regret not getting at the time of purchase please let me know.
Thanks for all your input!

I would not have to pay the sales tax as long as it was shipped out of that state. Example.. It is around $500 for them to ship it from Main but if I go pick it up myself it will cost me over $1400 in sales tax. Pretty crazy

/ Ordering a tractor tomorrow. Please help! #13  
<font color="blue">( Well first, and formost I wouldnt be buying the NH from a local dealer. ) </font>

If there is a local NH dealer in your area, there is no reason you can't take it there for service. That's where these dealers make their real money, so they surely won't be turning your work away.

/ Ordering a tractor tomorrow. Please help! #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If there is a local NH dealer in your area, there is no reason you can't take it there for service. That's where these dealers make their real money, so they surely won't be turning your work away. )</font>

There is a post in the New Holland section going on now about warranty work.
The NH dealers there are claiming just the opposite. They are more likely to lose money on warranty work than make it.

/ Ordering a tractor tomorrow. Please help! #15  
NH warranty work

There was a thread a while back where a landscaper was changing over his equipment from Kubota to New Holland because New Holland equipment "appeared" to have a generally better perception of 'Brand acceptance' in the local community. I'm sure this varies from town to town and locale to locale based on the market concentration of the particular brand.

Don

/ Ordering a tractor tomorrow. Please help! #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm sure this varies from town to town and locale to locale based on the market concentration of the particular brand. )</font>

Seems like everything about compact tractors varies a lot from area to area. Prices, dealers and possibly even warranty work /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Ordering a tractor tomorrow. Please help! #17  
<font color="blue">( They are more likely to lose money on warranty work than make it. ) </font>

I would assume New Holland corporate will reimburse the local dealer for work done under warranty. I would hope the tractors are good enough not to require work for years to come.

So someone that moves from one state to another would get screwed because he didn't buy his tractor from the dealer he wants work done from? I find that hard to believe.

/ Ordering a tractor tomorrow. Please help! #18  
Don't know about NH or CUTs for that matter, but what the IH dealer tried to convince me on warranty work [in reference to CC lawn & yard equipment]:

They don't actually lose money on warranty work, but when they don't already have the paperwork on hand [i.e. purhcased there] they can spend as much time on paperwork as the actual repair.....so while they like to see people bringing machines in, regardless of where purchased, it can indirectly cost them more than it's worth, at very minimum somewhat of a headache.

Not sure how true, but seems to make sense. Even if that is the case, then the second time you bring it in, I'd think they'd be very happy to see you.

Anyway, any respectable dealer I think would want to treat you right in hopes of forming the long term relationship [didn't mean it to sound mushy, but the mental thesaurus is on pause for some reason]. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

From what I am told, the local NH dealers are draging there feet repairing these tractors because the dealer that I would be buying this tractor from (1300 miles away) is advertising in our local Heavy equipment trader. Thus stealing a good amount of bussiness with there much ($7000 less including taxes and shipping) lower price.

But again that is just what I have been told buy the Kubota dealer.

/ Ordering a tractor tomorrow. Please help! #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( From what I am told, the local NH dealers are draging there feet repairing these tractors because the dealer that I would be buying this tractor from (1300 miles away) is advertising in our local Heavy equipment trader. Thus stealing a good amount of bussiness with there much ($7000 less including taxes and shipping) lower price.

But again that is just what I have been told buy the Kubota dealer. )</font>

If there is a $7000 difference in price then the local dealer deserves to lose a lot of business.