CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection #1  

Mavrik02

Silver Member
Tractor
CK30HST
I'm moving right along with my tractor search and hope to write the check sometime next week (or the week after).

I've narrowed it down to the CK30HST and B3030HSD. So far the pricing is:

CK30HST, R4 tires, KL130 FEL, KB2375 BH, and KMR03-60 RFM (all Kioti equipment) for $22,400.

B3030HSD, R4 tires, LA403 FEL, BH75 BH, and RFM-60 (all Kubota equipment) for $25,150.

I've found local dealers for both tractors that are reasonable to deal with and would support the tractor for the long term.

I like both of them but am leaning toward the CK30. The features are close enough that I just can't overlook the $2750 price difference.

Has anyone from Western PA obtained prices recently to compare these against?

Thx.

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection #2  
what are your plans for the tractor. The Kubota is lighter and probably wont rut your yard as much if your main chore is to be cutting grass. I have a CK30 and would still choose the Kubota if that was my main task. For other chores, such as box blading, and loader work, I would go with the Kioti. If you are going to split the chores somewhat evenly, the price difference is hard to ignore. BTW, I think my CK30 is great. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection
Thanks for the reply Noodlearm. I posted that information here:

<font color="blue"> Purchasing first tractor! CK30 or B3030?
#690103 - 07/10/05 12:18 PM </font>

Right now I'm looking for feed back on the prices. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards, Fred

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection #4  
I really don't think you have much of a decision. The decision to purchase BH and FEL, on weight alone, gives the nod to Kioti.

I believe I PM'ed you the price on a Kioti CK30HST, I have no idea what the Kioti brand BH and RFM cost. It appears you have a decent price. I figure $5000 for the hoe and $2000 for the RFM on the HIGH side and your price appears a little high on the Kioti, but not much!

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection #5  
You might want to use the search function here on TBN and look up several threads that discuss the CK30 versus the B3030. These are totally different types of tractors. Your uses should dictate what is the better type of tractor for your needs. Comparing these 2 machines is really not appropriate as they are designed for totally different jobs and totally different uses.

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection
Bob,

I appreciate your input and have two comments. I have already had significant input regarding the two tractors (some of which was supplied by yourself on a previous thread I posted) so I don't feel the need to do any research on this topic. I do disagree with you that the two tractors are totally different types of tractors and that comparing them is not appropriate. They are very similar in size, features, and capabilities and for someone looking for a 30 HP tractor they both are certainly worth consideration.

I am mostly interested in feedback from the local area regarding price.

Thanks again.

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection #7  
The price on the CK 30 sounds about right to me for the Western, Pa area.

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I do disagree with you that the two tractors are totally different types of tractors and that comparing them is not appropriate. )</font>
Attempting to find a happy medium, they are both similar and different.

The primary difference is the weight - the B3030 weighs 1850 lbs. and the CK30HST weighs over 3000 lbs., getting close to twice the weight of the B3030. For some (like myself) this is a very significant difference.

I bought a B2910 (similar weight to B3030 .... about 100 lbs lighter) because, having had prior experience with running an IH444 (4000+ lbs, loaded rears, tractor only) over our lawn, I did not want another large heavy tractor tearing things up. My primary use for B2910 will be mowing once I have alot of the fixup work done here and something that large and heavy would be hard on my particular property, particularly in the spring or when the ground is moderately moist - your place may certainly be different, but on my property it would not have been the best solution.

There are times when I wish I had a larger tractor - it would certainly aid in getting some of my projects done. However, most of the time I am thankful that I have a smaller, lightweight unit that I can run over the lawn (all 5 acres of it) without tearing it up.

As far as feedback on price goes, I'm afraid I can't add to the conversation much. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection #9  
<font color="blue"> because, having had prior experience with running an IH444 (4000+ lbs, loaded rears, tractor only) over our lawn, </font>

What type of tires were you running? 4000+ lb. tractor is a full 1000 lbs. heavier than the CK30.

Don

/ CK30HST, B3030 Prices/selection #10  
I think if you are doing earth moving asks, the heavier the better. I like my CK30HST. Why not go with the 72" mower?
The tractor has more than enough power and its easier to mow around obstructions/ trees since its a little wider than the rear wheels- If space isnt a problem.