RCO Tractor

/ RCO Tractor #1  

robs1

Has anyone done business with RCO tractor, Austin TX and
how was the experience?

/ RCO Tractor #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Has anyone done business with RCO tractor, Austin TX and
how was the experience? )</font>
I have been talking to them recently and they respond very fast to answer all my questions. I did a web search on them and did not turn up anything to bother me a bit. Do their tractors look as good in person as on their website?

/ RCO Tractor #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do their tractors look as good in person as on their website? )</font>

I've been in a similar store on the West Coast that may sell tractors from the same importer. The appearance of these tractors is astonishing, so good that a reseller could represent 25 to 30 year old tractors as brand new.... like we have seen on Ebay a few times.

There was a thread on RCO and Vina Tractor (apparently RCO's supplier) a while back that you might want to read.

I looked at Vina's claimed employees and annual sales and estimated, using their figures, on average each tractor has one man-month of labor in it. I don't know how much of that goes into the appearance reconditioning.

/ RCO Tractor #5  
[quote
There was a thread on RCO and Vina Tractor (apparently RCO's supplier) a while back that you might want to read.

I

)</font>

I could not find that thread... got a link? Thanks!

/ RCO Tractor #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I could not find that thread... got a link? Thanks! -snakebitten )</font>

Here's how I would research a vendor before making a major purchase:

Go to the TBN 'Search' feature.
Limit scope to Yanmar forum.
Time covered: no limit

Then put 'RCO Tractor' as target.

You might also search on 'Vina' which I think is RCO's supplier.

The resulting threads may have several pages so read more than just the single page containing the search target.

What I interpret is that RCO is respected by its customers and had good Ebay feedback when they were selling there.

However some other dealers who post on TBN but don't sell rebuilts have had bad experiences when someone who bought a VN rebuilt with no support at all comes to them and expects them to solve a problem or worse yet, to provide free warranty repair. That casts a bad light on all sellers of the rebuilts whether deserved or not.