Comparing JD, Kubota, Mahindra specs...

/ Comparing JD, Kubota, Mahindra specs... #11  
<font color="blue"> I am alarmed by how low the hydraulic rates are on the Mahindra's. </font>
I just wonder if this is due to the pressure setting. Does anyone know what the pressure is set at on the size of Mahindra in question?

/ Comparing JD, Kubota, Mahindra specs...
I know that this John Deere dealer here is telling people that JD is a 2yr warranty... I'm pretty sure the local Kubota dealer is telling the same. Maybe they don't feel like the extra year on drive train is that important as to marketing their product... as some have noted here in this thread.

Jerry... I'll check my manual later and see if I can find the pressure setting, if someone else doesn't come up with it before.

/ Comparing JD, Kubota, Mahindra specs... #13  
<font color="blue">I am alarmed by how low the hydraulic rates are on the Mahindra's. </font>

One thing to note is that some brands lump their implement and steering hydraulics together. Take a look at the JD 4310 4WD specs page (I'm not picking on JD, just a quick example and this particular case they show the separate components broken out below in the specs):
Shortend Long Link

While others list the steering and implement separately, like the Mahindra 4530.:
Shortened Second Long Link

Again, its all a marketing game. They all try to make their products stand out in comparison to each other.

MikePA: Cleaned up long URL. Please review your message before posting it. It's simple not to do this. Just insert a descriptive word or two between the {url=http://whatever}<font color="red">Enter words here</font>{/url} instead of the entire URL. Replace parentheses {} with square brackets in previous example.

/ Comparing JD, Kubota, Mahindra specs... #14  
a cut and paste from your 4310 link:

<font color="green">Hydraulics

Type Open Center
Standard 13.9 (52.5)
Rated Flow @ One SCV Steering 5.3 (20)
Max Output @ SCV Couplers GPM (L/M) Implement 8.6 (32.5) </font>

The 'lumped together' numbers are clearly split apart....

Steering----5.3
+ SCV------8.6

What caused this thread to all of the sudden get stretched wide?

Jerry... the PSI on the hydraulics are the same for JD and Mahindra at 2755/2750 respectively. These are maximum working pressures. Kubota didn't have it on their specs.

I spent about 3 hours today on my 6500... was well pleased but I've still got some gettin' used to it to do. I hooked the chains to the FEL and lifted my box blade out of the truck bed and lifted the bushhog off the trailer. Fiddled with the FEL a little and I can't imagine anyone wanting to work one of these any faster than what I was working mine today while I was fiddling. I actually preferred working it a little slower than full speed. That thing will move pretty fast IMO. I also cut for about 2 hours... maybe 2.5 and had a blast. Tractor and cutter did extremely well.

/ Comparing JD, Kubota, Mahindra specs... #16  
Could a moderator please fix that long link two posts above. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Thank you......

Thanks Jerry and MikePA! I thought for a minute there that the thread had been locked because I couldn't find the reply button. Stupid me.
rolleyes.gif

/ Comparing JD, Kubota, Mahindra specs... #18  
<font color="red"> Fiddled with the FEL a little and I can't imagine anyone wanting to work one of these any faster than what I was working mine today while I was fiddling. I actually preferred working it a little slower than full speed. </font>

Sonnie, i am glad that you like your machine, and that it fits you. But in fairness, you can slow down the loader, you can't make a slow one work faster... After using one for a while, things become second nature and before you know it, you are workin' it faster than you ever dreamed.

But do NOT let any of this keep you from enjoying your new tractor. It sure is a blast to have one!

/ Comparing JD, Kubota, Mahindra specs... #19  
<font color="red">Now what also seems apparent, is that Mahindra uses MARKETING material that is going to lead consumers to believe that they are getting more warrenty, more 3pt capacity and more FEL capacity than they might get on some other brands.
</font>

Bob what a great post!! Yes you are exactly right on your analysis. It is exactly why alot of the mfg. do not submit their tractors to be tested independently.

I think somebody should just test them... just like the insurance institute (whatever that place is called) does crash test on cars. They'd have to buy one of each tractor though... probably wouldn't be feasible. Plus there is obviously not as many tractors around as there are cars on the road and crash test are 100% more important than lift capacity on a tractor.

I don't think Mahindra really deceives people on their warranty... they simply know what they have and their dealers tell people. The fact that two other dealers told me their warranty was only 2yrs when it was really a limited 3yr warranty kinda tells me the dealers just weren't keeping up with it. Maybe because it's not that big a deal since their tractors are traditionally known to last.