Best New tractor for My Needs

/ Best New tractor for My Needs #11  
I agree with the others about size.. low 20's hp.. say.. like a Nh tc 21.. etc... loader.. grader blade.. perhaps even a rear scoop, and mower? your choice on a MMM or rear mower.. both have pro and con. Turf tires perhaps.. or industrial. 4wd would be nice but ps is a MUST.

Soundguy

/ Best New tractor for My Needs #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have three acres that is mostly lawn. I currently have a 24 hp Simplicity lawn tractor that has a grass catcher, but when it goes in for service it can take 6 weeks to get it back. I plan to keep it.

My lawn is heavily mulched and I need a loader. I also get losts of dirt and gravel for our constant development of a koi pond and gardens. I am also looking for a "backup mower." I saw the Kubota 7510 with a loader and the 6 foot pull behind mower. My local dealer gave me a price of $15,230, plus tax. First, is that the right tractor for my needs and second, is the price fair? I have no issues buying from a non local dealer.

)</font>

Sounds a little expensive to me, unless it's a very pricy mower. I just bought a B7510 HST w/ 302 loader and 4' Bush Hog for $13,500.

I've only put about 12 hours on my so far, but it's been great. It can move (not knock down) stumps larger than the tractor, pick up rocks I couldn't budge by hand and is very easy to use moving dirt. I've tried using it to mow our small yard and while a fixed brush hog isn't the same as the pull behind mower I think the suggestions of a mid mount mower is a good one. I know at our place it would be far easier to mow with the mmm than the bh.

John

/ Best New tractor for My Needs
Well, I have been reading all about the Power Trac and find it very interesting. I can buy a Kubota 7610 with a loader and a 5 foot finish mower for $12,500 (now that I have shopped) plus tax. But I can buy a used 2004 PT 425 with only 150 hours for around the same money with the following:

4-in1 bucket
10 cu bucket
post hole digger
12" Auger
Blade with rubber lip kit and steel cutter bar kit
Stump Cutter
Potato Digger
Lift Boom
Cement Mixer
Forks
Minihoe
Bar Tread tires on machine

Comments ???? The kubota has a warranty the PT425 isout of warranty and has a gas engine.

/ Best New tractor for My Needs
Well, isn't life strange. I have now bought a PT 425. Would not have happened if Bill did not prompt Bob to tell me about it. I think it will be better suited for my needs than the Kabota. I thank this board (I hope) for educating me.

/ Best New tractor for My Needs #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well, isn't life strange. I have now bought a PT 425. Would not have happened if Bill did not prompt Bob to tell me about it. I think it will be better suited for my needs than the Kabota. I thank this board (I hope) for educating me. )</font>

I am going to blame Bill for this if it goes badly for you, but I will take all the credit if things work out well for you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, the PT machines are truely amazing and sometimes there are people who have yards and jobs that just match the PT perfectly. I think your situation is one of those where PT is a great match to your needs. Congats!

/ Best New tractor for My Needs #16  
Congratulations!

Reading your posts over the past five days has been a lot of fun. I'm sure you'll have just as much fun on your PT425. It sure seems to be a great match for your property and tasks at hand.

Me - I enjoy spending other people's money and vicariously getting that purchase thrill - without any risk of "buyer's remorse". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif