FARMTRAC 300DTC Engine 30HP / 26HP PTO

/ FARMTRAC 300DTC Engine 30HP / 26HP PTO #1  

Jim57

Veteran Member
Tractor
Shibaura SD2200 4X4
I was made an offer on a 300DTC with FEL for $15,000.00

Here is a brochure (Front Side) Next POST with be the reverse side.

What do you guys think of this price. The company that made offer is Oconee Implement in Westminster, SC a MASSEY FERGUSON DEALER... This is the older gentleman's son that runs it now. Not the nicest man in the world but seems to stick to his word. I will have to do further investigation on his customer base to see how they like him and what his track record is.

Jim

Attachments

• 723404-FarmTrac-300DTC.jpg
    723404-FarmTrac-300DTC.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,850
   / FARMTRAC 300DTC Engine 30HP / 26HP PTO #2  
Good looking rig but I don't know anything about them. I've read a couple of posts where TBN members have them, try sending them pm's for more up-to-date information.

/ FARMTRAC 300DTC Engine 30HP / 26HP PTO #3  
I believe FarmTrac is a badge engineered brand made in China. I'd be interested in knowing about service and parts availability.

For $15K, you could look at one of the big three units (Deere 790, TC-30, Kubota models in the 30 HP range).
You've already got one hanger queen (the Shibaura SD-2200 you mention in your post). It'd be a real drag to have another one...

/ FARMTRAC 300DTC Engine 30HP / 26HP PTO
This is the REVERSE side of brochure attached with specs.

I wonder if I could raffle off tickets for the Shibaura SD2200 4X4 with FEL once it is repaired and get enough money to purchase this FARMTRAC tractor. It's a thought anyway... wouldn't take selling about 15,000 plus at $1.00 each to pay for tickets and tractor. Or about 3,000 plus at $5.00 each. Like I said... it's a thought.

What do you all think about this tractor. The Dealer is close by and the business has been in business for atleast 30 years. What are the Pros and Cons of this tractor? Is it made in China? What can you tell me about it's record? Is it a new manufacture making these or do they have a track record as well?

Thanks for your time and input.

Jim

Attachments

• 723417-FarmTrac-300DTC-2.jpg
    723417-FarmTrac-300DTC-2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,189
   / FARMTRAC 300DTC Engine 30HP / 26HP PTO #5  
The farmtrac is made by LG in S. Korea. Do a search on them as well as Montana tractors, also made by LG. So far the members that have them seem to like them.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I believe FarmTrac is a badge engineered brand made in China. I'd be interested in knowing about service and parts availability.

For $15K, you could look at one of the big three units (Deere 790, TC-30, Kubota models in the 30 HP range).
You've already got one hanger queen (the Shibaura SD-2200 you mention in your post). It'd be a real drag to have another one... )</font>

You got that right. This is why I have come here first. I will NOT make the same mistake twice. If I had been a member here first.... I wouldn't be in the mess I am in now.

Jim

/ FARMTRAC 300DTC Engine 30HP / 26HP PTO #7  
It is made By LG as was mentioned earlier,Korean Mfg not Chinese.They use a 4 cyl Mitsibishi Diesel engine.Parts are readily available and they are as reliable as the majors

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I believe FarmTrac is a badge engineered brand made in China. I'd be interested in knowing about service and parts availability.

You've already got one hanger queen (the Shibaura SD-2200 you mention in your post). It'd be a real drag to have another one... )</font>

I sorta figured he was high. He has the reputation for being higher priced than others. Many people shop and compare by price rather that performance. He didn't take the time I think he should have to help me anyway.

I really think I should have at least a 35HP for my property. Most of you have seen and know about my project. Here is a LINK to Project here on TBN so you can see the lay of my land. Thanks for your help.

Jim

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It is made By LG as was mentioned earlier,Korean Mfg not Chinese.They use a 4 cyl Mitsibishi Diesel engine.Parts are readily available and they are as reliable as the majors )</font>

I was afraid of that... Nice looking tractor but I do NOT want the same problems I have now. I am going to Pelzer, SC to the John Deere place (About 65 miles from me)... I am so tired of being in a fix. I have a Kubota place in Oakway, SC but his service is really slow on repairs... however there is a Kubota place in Williamston, SC that is about 45 miles from me. I am not sure what to choose between Kubota and John Deere. Such a large initial investment. But I don't want the worries of not getting parts or the warranty not being covered.

Jim

/ FARMTRAC 300DTC Engine 30HP / 26HP PTO #10  
I wouldn't be too afraid of "badge-engineered" machines. There aren't too many brands that don't do some major subcontracing for some of there tractors. Offhand I can only think of Kubota and Kioti.
If I were you I would be hunting down the parts for your Shibaura from some of the grey dealers here on TBN, you've stated you're mechanically inclined. Buck at EFC is a fan of your brand and I bet there are others. At least you would get some work out of it and it would be cheaper as well. If you still feel like you've been snake-bit, it'll sell faster on 4 wheels than 2 wheels and 2 jack stands. If you come across an older Ford/New Holland it just might resemble your Shibaura but with a ROPS bar and pto shield.