Help with new tractor purchase

/ Help with new tractor purchase #11  
8-31-05
<font color="blue"> I'VE JUST PURCHASED A 5 FOOT BRUSH HOG NOT REALLY ME, MY WIFE BOUGHT FOR ME AS PRESENT. I HAVE ONE PROBLEM I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE 3 POINT HITCH ON MY CK30. I ALSO HAVE TO REMOVE THE BACKHOE. CAN SOMEONE HELP.. </font>
He has been out learning what all the parts do.
9-02-05
<font color="blue">I really like the Kioti CK30 it's a great tractor. Does everything and more that you would want. It did for me. </font>
That is quite an improvement in two days.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #12  
Somewhere between "gippolit", "kIOTICK30", and "glenipp" he forgot what a Kioti was when he became "woods1". /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Help with new tractor purchase #13  
rico304, LBrown59, JerryG & Dargo

While it probably cannot be proven, there is some suspicion that woods1 and kIOTICK30 might be the same person. "kIOTICK30" yesterday may have posted under 3 different names, his other alias is "Glenip" Prior to that he posted under the name "gippolit"

All 4 of them use the same word incorrectly, all post similar short posts, 3 of them have a posting patterns. 4 of them have similar syntax errors, and patterns, the only reason it can't be confirmed that all 4 are the same is that woods1 didn't post enough to establish enough to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, but certainly there is enough reason to question things.

Many of us have been baited by his tactics. I, for one, regret engaging him in his childish games. He has injected is "experience" in too many threads and proved only that we can degrade TBN.

For those who don't know, he bought his tractor this spring, he posted somewhere that he was "still happy" with it at something like 40 hours!!! Well good gosh at 40 hours he better be!

I would hope for the sake of TBN that we not take the bait of the trolls who just want to inject their brand (whether it be tractors, oil, cars, guns or whatever) into any thread that they can for the purposes that only they can explain.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #14  
Hey! I am equal opportunity on cars, guns, oil, and I'm working on tractors. I own hundreds of guns (no bias in brands there), I own cars from 6 different manufacturers (can't be much bias there), I get a sweet deal on oil and grease from a neighbor distributor and the brands vary (plenty of brands there), and I've had tractors from all of the major manufacturers and some not so major. I'm doing my part. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now, that being said, I'd bet that nobody can now name the tractors, cars, oils, or gun brands I own. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I do not feel the need to shove the brand I own down anyone's throat. If asked my opinion of a brand I own, I will give it. Good or bad. Otherwise, I do try to stay away from "selling" my brand to others just for the sake of trying to get others to buy what I have. Honestly; why would it matter to me?!

This is a long way around replying to Bob's last statement. I only feel the need to point out egregious errors and misstatements made by the trolls that may influence new and prospective tractor owners who do not know the agenda of the trolls. I feel somewhat of an obligation to try to protect those who don't know when a troll is preying on them and misleading them. No?

/ Help with new tractor purchase
Thanks to all for your help. Thread got a bit hijacked but I do thank you for your responses they have confirmed what I was thinking. I have narrowed my list to the Kubota L3130, JD 3320, CASE DX33 and the NH TC33. I plan on getting out and driving these models and talking with the dealers and getting some prices. I do have a dealer much closer (in my home town) then the ones mentioned above who carries the MF line of tractors. Everyone here says I should stay with the big three, but should I be looking at the 1400 or 1500 MF's? I really like to purchase local as much as I can, but do not want to get a lesser product.

Thanks again.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #16  
I have a MF 1433 that I really like, drop some questions in the Masey Forum and I'll give answers if I have them. I think that you should follow the most common advice of this forum.....drive all the tractors you are interested in and pick the one YOU like the best that has the dealer YOU feel the most comfortable with. I really like Kubota tractors, my dad has had one for almost 20 years and other than rebuilding the clutch and keeping up with maintenance we have only replaced the Battery! I chose to get a Massey in part because of the proximity and reputation of the dealer. No reason to stick with the big 3 unless that is what ends up working best for you...just my 2 cents. I look forward to hearing about your purchase, and why you made it, when the time comes.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #17  
<font color="red"> Everyone here says I should stay with the big three, but should I be looking at the 1400 or 1500 MF's? I really like to purchase local as much as I can, but do not want to get a lesser product. </font>

Interesting thing about the "big 3" is that most people consider Massey Ferguson to be the 4th member of the big 3 brands. Nobody would consider it an off brand. In AG equipment it is popular, it is less popular in the smaller tractor sizes, but that is probably due to distance between dealers. I don't think you'd find any problems or complaints with the brand. Each machine is going to have different characteristics, some will 'fit' you better than others but let your rear end decide what is the best for you. Any of the 4 brands in the big 3 will suit your needs very nicely.

JerryG is very well versed in the Massey line up. You might want to send him a PM to get his opinions on the best M-F model for your needs.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #18  
Hello DC. Welcome to TBN.
Yes, you need to look at the 1400 and 1500 MFs if you have a good dealer in the area. I have had MF compacts for several years and have been extremely happy with them. I use mine on a working farm everyday. If you have any questions about the Masseys, please let me know.

/ Help with new tractor purchase
I kinda knew I should look at them when I posted that question but was hoping for some reassurance. My local dealer does not have a 1400 or 1500 to look at so I will have to find one somewhere else to test. Thanks again and I will post a status when I make a decesion.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Interesting thing about the "big 3" is that most people consider Massey Ferguson to be the 4th member of the big 3 brands )</font>

Ditto, exactly what Bob said. MF is a big player.. right up there with blue, orange and green...

At least for myself.. when i mention 'big 3'.. I mean mf as well..

Soundguy