Help with new tractor purchase

/ Help with new tractor purchase #1  

IndianaDC

Tractor
Case IH DX40, Hustler SuperZ HD
I currently own a Ford Golden Jubilee tractor that I need to replace. I have a little over 20 acres that I maintain and need your help and advice on what type of tractor I should be looking at. I maintain about 10 of these acres with a large Massey with a 10 bush hog but need a smaller tractor to do the following work:
1. Clear brush. Just overgrown stuff nothing too big.
2. Bush hog where the big Massey can’t get. Around trees and stuff.
3. Box and blade work on a 1/3 mile gravel driveway with a hill. When it rains gravel ends up down the hill and I need to pull it back up. My Jubilee cannot handle this task very well and this is a priority for me.
4. Remove minimal snow on the 1/3 mile gravel driveway. I would also help out neighbors and my church with snow removal if needed.
5. General landscaping and gardening task like moving dirt and mulch.

I have a Toro Work Horse 20hp riding mower that I use on about 7-8 acres that I am wearing out so this new tractor might be pushed into that type of service as well. I should note that the 7-8 acres that I mow has a good hill that I am uncomfortable mowing sideways. I already have a 5’ bush hog, 5’ scrapper box, 5’ blade as well as a 5’ pull behind finish mower.

I am not too concerned yet as to the manufacturer but am really interested in hearing from the experts about what size tractor I should be looking at as well as the features. Thanks in advance for your help.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #2  
I really LIKE the Kubota B3030. It is a lightweight and powerful machine with lots of great features. All for a reasonable price from the numbwer one manufacturer. Since you already have the big stuff covered, I think one of these would rerally be nice.

New holland has some great machines in this size and Deere's new 2520 looks promising!

/ Help with new tractor purchase #3  
I'll have to second the thought of a B3030 sized Kubota. If lawn mowing was not a possible use, you may wish to consider going larger, but I think you will be happier with the lighter machine for lawn mowing.
Will

/ Help with new tractor purchase #4  
I really like the Kioti CK30 it's a great tractor. Does everything and more that you would want. It did for me.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #5  
Your list would lead me to recommend a tractor that weighs around 3000 lbs and has about 30 HP. When you add mowing 7-8 acres I would recommend a lighter weight tractor with 30 HP.
Either tractor should have FEL, Tooth Bar, HST, Position Control 3PH, Telescoping lower 3PH, Cruise Control, Mid PTO (for MMM and Front Snowblower), Turf Tires if mowing, Tilt Steering Wheel, Adjustable floating Seat with Armrest, Front and Rear Hydraulic remotes. I'm sure others can add to this list.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #6  
Something in the 30hp range is a good choice, everybody makes something this size. It is time for some test driving and a list of spec sheets.
I would suggest one of the big three though just for the dealer support.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #7  
Time for the Deere fans to chip in...
I suggest you take a look at a Deere 790. This 27 HP (gross, 24 @ the PTO) is a well proven reliable little tractor. This machine dates back to the 80's (in design) so it is a bit dated. However, if you want a tractor to last as long as your Ford, with parts availability, it is definitely worth a hard look and test drive.

I will say that 10 acres, if fully worked, is at the high limit for this machine. If you work the full 10 acres...take a look at the Deere 990.

I agree with your decision to use a rear finishing mower. Assuming most of your mowing is open areas, the gear transmissions will work quite well. They also work well in more confined areas...as you're used to a gear, you'd have no problems.

Give that 790 a good look...it may be just the thing you need.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #8  
I've never heard of Kioti how are they? I'm also in the Market for a new tractor. I've only owned an old ford 9n. I sold it about 3 year's ago.

/ Help with new tractor purchase #10  
kiotick30 ???
Glen, (Gippolit) is that you??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I was wondering where you have been, and now I think I know.