Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS?

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS? #1  

LittleBear

Bronze Member
In my long search for the right utility tractor (so far unsuccessful), I have restricted myself to those with a ROPS and canopy. There is no shortage of ROPSwCanopy models. However, the ROPS is way too high. This is bad for two reasons. First, you cannot fold back the ROPS to get through a low door (95 inches) when there is a canopy attached. Second, when the canopy is several feet above your head, you are only in the shade for about two hours a day (sun straight over head). I sat on a JD5205 yesterday and the canopy was so high I could not touch it while seated.

I realize that the tractor makers are listening to their laywers and making the ROPS so tall that the tractor can fall on it's side but it will not actually roll over. But sitting in the sun for large parts of the day has no appeal for me. I could have someone cut and weld the ROPS, but everyone says this is very dangerous.

Are there any utility size tractors out there that have a low ROPS besides the M9000 low profile?

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS? #2  
The fixed ROPS on both the JD 2210 and 4010 will fit underneath normal doors and garage doors. This is one of the reasons why I went with a 4010. Think there are canopies that attach directly to the ROPS. Might put them above the height of doors then; don't know. Think these are 2 of the lowest ROPS that I saw while looking.

Ralph

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS? #3  
<font color="blue"> 1*First, you cannot fold back the ROPS to get through a low door (95 inches) when there is a canopy attached.
2*Second, when the canopy is several feet above your head, you are only in the shade for about two hours a day (sun straight over head).
3*I realize that the tractor makers are listening to their lawyers and making the ROPS so tall that the tractor can fall on it's side but it will not actually roll over.
4*I could have someone cut and weld the ROPS, but everyone says this is very dangerous.
5*Are there any utility size tractors out there that have a low ROPS besides the M9000 low profile?
LittleBear
================== </font>
1*A folding canopy might work or a hinged one.
How about a quick attach/detach one?
2* Install a canopy below the top bar of the ROPS not on top of it.
3*The taller rops are for tractors with Backhoes.
4*You wouldn't have to if you used u bolts instead.
5*Both the Kubota B and BX series are available with 2 different ROPS hights. Keep in mind however IF you plan on having A BH the taller rops is needed.

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS? #4  
Massey Ferguson just came out with the LP (low profile) versions of their 400 series. Good solid utility tractors, check out a Massey dealer near you.

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS? #5  
Little Bear,
You could put an aluminum, fiberglass, or pvc drop curtain on a canopy so that it keeps the sun off. Even my overhead console is a good bit lower in the front and keeps a lot more of the sun off than the canopy did by its self.

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS? #6  
The smaller 400 series MFs are 100" with the ROPS up and 59" down. There is also a MF 3400 series that is just 85.4" with the ROPS up and when it is folded the ROPS is lower than the hood. I don't know how a canopy would work on a 3400 series, because the ROPS is mid mounted.
The above 400s are low profile utility tractors with hp from 60 to 85 PTO hp. The 3400 series is a low profile orchard / vineyard tractor with PTO hp from 57 to 88.

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS?
I looked at the Massey Ferguson 400LP. I could not understand why they called it a low profile. A NH TN70 is 95 inches with the ROPS up, and the MF400LP is 100 inches with the ROPS up. The MF3400 did not work either because it is so narrow (low stability on slopes). A real shame because I liked the looks of MF.

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS? #8  
After your last post I went back and looked at the spec for the reg 400 and the 400LP. The height with ROPS is clearly wrong. It gives the smaller reg 400s as 92.5 & 96.7, then the smaller 400LPs as 100. The numbers need to be looked up in a shop manual or gotten for a MF dealer. These numbers are really bad off.

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are there any utility size tractors out there that have a low ROPS besides the M9000 low profile? )</font>

About 72" on the 45HP model or 74" on this 60HP model...

pt-1445.jpg

/ Any Utility size tractors with short ROPS? #10  
My new holland tc40 da (40 HP) fits thru my 8' garage door without folding the rops, and that's with a light bar attached underneath the rops with 1/2" u bolts above the rops. I also have R4 tires which are shorter than R1's, but taller than turfs.