/ NH TC35A Vs. JD 990 #1  

Toiyabe

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC35A
I'm looking at the following two tractors:

NH TC35A 4WD + 16LA Loader, Quoted at ~$22,000

JD 990 4WD + 300CX Loader, Quoted at ~$21,000

Seems to me that the TC35A has the better tranny (12x12 SSS vs 9X3 collar shift), and better hydraulics and lift capacities. The 990 has a stronger engine (35 PTO HP vs 30 PTO HP). Weights are about equivalent.

The tranny is a bit of a bonus feature - If there was an equivalent tractor in the NH line with a 9x3 gear i'd have priced that. Basically I'm looking for the biggest tractor for the money.

Do those prices seem reasonable? Anything else should I be thinking about with regards to these two tractors?

I'd consider other brands, however JD, NH and Kubota are the only ones that seem to have good dealer support in the area.

/ NH TC35A Vs. JD 990 #2  
<font color="red">
I'd consider other brands, however JD, NH and Kubota are the only ones that seem to have good dealer support in the area. </font>

While I would personally pick the TC35 over the 990, I would also suggest you look at the "L" series tractors from Kubota. It seems like money is a driving factor for you, in addition to your concern for good dealer support, when you look at Kubota bypass the deluxe "L xx30" series machines and look at the "L xx00" series tractors.

/ NH TC35A Vs. JD 990 #3  
I have a TC35A and i would not trade it for any other machine. I started looking at different tractors just like you 14 months ago. I made my decision to go with a NH for several reasons. I paid $19,700.00 with tax for the complete machine. R-4 tires filled with fluid---1 rear remote--adjustable rear 3 point lift links---16LA with heavy duty loader and quick attach for loader. I dig in my shale pit with it and plow 1.5 miles of road in the winter.The TC35 has more than enough power for me, any more would be a waste of diesel fuel. Having a reputable dealer is a must. I had 2 small problems with mine and they came to my house and made the repairs, and I live 1 hour from the dealer.

Bernie

/ NH TC35A Vs. JD 990 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( when you look at Kubota bypass the deluxe "L xx30" series machines and look at the "L xx00" series tractors. )</font>

Don't forget the MX 5000. Like the L-xx00 series it does not have a lot of the fancy features (bells and whitsles). But it is a nice 50 HP unit

/ NH TC35A Vs. JD 990
Thanks for the responses.

I ended up with the TC35A/16LA - just got delivered today. I got it with R4s for $21,200 which I think is a good deal for the area.

The JD/Kubota dealer gave me a bad vibe. When I went back to ask them to sharpen their pencil - the quote was for exactly what was listed on the JD website - I had to wait for half an hour to talk to a salesman (mostly dealing with small honda engines). The salesman then he told me that prices had gone up although he would honor his quote from two days earlier (what a guy). When I got home I looked again at the JD website and no sign of that there. There was a long line of folks behind me, and I didn't feel like wasting more time priceing out Kubotas.

/ NH TC35A Vs. JD 990 #6  
Congrats on your new tractor!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As most have said the dealer is the most important part of the puzzle, amazingly there are alot out there who just don't get it, I mean everyone has a profit margin they work off but there are ways to be curtious and professional about your business without insulting the customer.

/ NH TC35A Vs. JD 990 #7  
The dealer and purchase incentives were key in my decision, NH incentives were far better than Kubota. The Kubota dealer I was originally set on seemed distant to me as I would talk face to face about my needs. My choice was between B3030 and TC33DA, went with the 33DA.

/ NH TC35A Vs. JD 990 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the responses.

I ended up with the TC35A/16LA - just got delivered today. I got it with R4s for $21,200 which I think is a good deal for the area.

The JD/Kubota dealer gave me a bad vibe. When I went back to ask them to sharpen their pencil - the quote was for exactly what was listed on the JD website - I had to wait for half an hour to talk to a salesman (mostly dealing with small honda engines). The salesman then he told me that prices had gone up although he would honor his quote from two days earlier (what a guy). When I got home I looked again at the JD website and no sign of that there. There was a long line of folks behind me, and I didn't feel like wasting more time priceing out Kubotas. )</font>

When I priced the JD 990 locally I found that there price was about the same as the internet list price. After driving the 990 I was even less impressed.