JD 5203 or Kubota m5700

/ JD 5203 or Kubota m5700 #1  

45scotty

Tractor
Searching
I am looking to buy a mid sized tractor for keeping up my 20 acres.FEL,brush hog,post hole auger,box scraper,ditcher and maybe put up hay in the future.I wanted to buy a used tractor but have not found a good one yet so am looking at new .I was a little put off to find out the Deere was made in India.The JD dealer is strong here and I liked the kubota guy but nobody seems to have any 50-75hp tractors in stock except the 5203.Any thoughts? Thanks Scott

/ JD 5203 or Kubota m5700 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was a little put off to find out the Deere was made in India.)</font>
It is a quality machine especially when you consider the price. Deere has imported these to compete against other low cost imported tractors. So, if your budget requires that you stay at an imported price, you can still have a JD with a parts network 2nd to none backed by the strongest and only truly American owned large tractor company left.
You can buy an American assembled (Most parts American made) JD that will cost a bit more.

/ JD 5203 or Kubota m5700 #3  
Instead of the M5700, I would look at the M4900 or the M6800. The M5700 is the same machine as the M4900. The motor is the same except they put more fuel to it and spin it at a higher rpm. The lift capacities, and capabilites between the M4900 & M5700 are essentially the same. Either a M4900 will work for you, or you should probably step up to the M6800. YMMV

/ JD 5203 or Kubota m5700
Thanks I will look at the bigger kubota, I need to get better price info on kubota ,didn't see any on their site. Money is a problem, I seem to have not enough for what I feel like I need(50 pto hp). After talking with my neighbors they feel mfwd is a must on this size tractor and that puts me in the $28k range with a man. trans (JD 5205) The wife is not ready to spend that quite yet.While looking for used on this website I saw some deals that pegged my b/s detector either my market is screwed (probably) or somebody left off a zero, if those prices are real I need a road trip! FWD? USED PRICES?Thanks for the help. Scott

/ JD 5203 or Kubota m5700 #5  
Do remember that the prices you find on the JD web site are LIST prices. Most dealers charge significantly less than that. You need to talk to them. The prices are there so you can compare their models with each other rather than for comparison to what a dealer of another brand quotes you.

While having the list prices online is a wonderful thing for JD to do, it does lead some to think JD is more expansive than they really are.

Cliff

/ JD 5203 or Kubota m5700
The deere salesman quoted the 5205 I want at 11% off list.The 5203 <10%,5325<15%.Kubota & JD are so close on price that it won't be much of a factor ,having said that I'm still waiting for more quotes from Kubota and the blue&red dealer. What about those prices?Thanks Scott

/ JD 5203 or Kubota m5700 #7  
As a reference, I paid $20,307 for my 5205 MFWD and added a 522 loader for $3890.

/ JD 5203 or Kubota m5700 #8  
I can tell you what I paid for a M6800 four or so months ago. That might help you sort a few things out.

M6800
MFWD
FEL
Skid Steer Type Quick Attach & Bucket
Toothbar
Hydraulic Shuttle Shift
Dual Remotes
Canopy
$30,050 ~ $30,100 (Delivery Included)

That isn't what I would call a 'killer deal,' but I believe it was a fair price.