Tractor Recommendations

/ Tractor Recommendations #1  

lupo

Hello. I am looking to purchase a tractor to work 10 acres. About 7 of these is rather heavy bush-hog work -- will also need a finish mower attachment for about 2 acres ....... and will need a front loader for some general small animal farm work ..........

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should be considering ?

thank you

/ Tractor Recommendations #2  
How is your land laid out? Where are you located? Please fill out your bio. What dealers are in your area?

/ Tractor Recommendations
Thank you for the reply.

The land is in Grant, FL. So it's flat. Pine trees and palmetto bushes. Get's pretty wet at times.

area dealers include John Deere, and Kubota. But within 60 miles there are most major tractor dealers.

I would be interested in the best priced machine that will service my needs.

thank you.

/ Tractor Recommendations #4  
Hello Lupo,

I would look at the Montana 3040 and 3840. There is a dealer in Orlando and although a bit further than 60 miles I am sure you will be pleased with what you see.

Quality is excellent, prices are great and the tractors perform extremely well.

Best of Luck to you.

Maka

/ Tractor Recommendations #5  
Pretty much any of the 1st and 2nd tier brands are going to have machines that will (probably) suit your needs. As others on here suggested to me when I started looking, find a dealer (irregardless of brand) that you can work with, let them know your needs and check out their offerings. If they don't have a suitable tractor, find another dealer you are comfortable with, etc. Many here will suggest that looking for a good dealer is more important than looking for the "right" tractor. Most all of the brands are going to have a suitable tractor, but all of them may not have a dealer that you are comfortable doing business with in your area.

I used this method and am very pleased with my Mahindra. By the way, you may want to see if there is a Mahindra dealer in your area. The 2615 4WD that I have sounds like it would be a good fit for you. Check them out: http://www.mahindrausa.com.

Good luck,

BR