New Tractor Models

/ New Tractor Models #1  

PhilNH5

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3000HSDCC
Folks,
I am new to tractors having my BX2200 since April 2003. The 2200 model was replaced with the BX2230 and now they are releasing the BX2350. All in less than 3 years.

At the time I got my BX I looked at the Deere 2210 which was supposedly available but hard to find. It has been replaced with the 2305 already.

Is this short model life cycle typical? Or is it due to the competion in the subCUT market? I figured I would own my little BX until I die. But in less than 3 years I am already 2 generations behind. Will I be able to get parts in 10 years if I am 6 or 8 generations behind?

Phil

/ New Tractor Models #2  
Phil,

I think it does have to do with competition. Many years ago Kubota was about the only manufacture making the compacts or at least pushing them. Others have joined in and now let's make it better for less kind of thing. But I would not worry about parts, I think they will be around for a long time. Sales didn't go up because people are trading up, sales are going up because everyone wants one. So your 3 generations old unit will have company with a lot of other ones.

murph

/ New Tractor Models #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Will I be able to get parts in 10 years if I am 6 or 8 generations behind )</font>

Can't specifically comment on your situation.. but look at it like this.. lots of people collect and restore / use antique and old tractors. I have stuff from the 40's thru the 70's... other than a few odd and end 'hard to find' parts.. I've been able to find everything needed to keep them running. Most of it from the OEM dealership.

Do this.. pick a couple kubota models that are currently out of production for say 10 years... now call a few places and find out about parts availability of a few key parts.. like engine kits.. bearings.. tranny gears.. etc..

That will give you an idea of how long kubota maintains parts for these models..

Soundguy

/ New Tractor Models #4  
I have an 1980's vintage Kubota L2250. I have gotten all kinds of parts for it. At least half of which my dealer has on the shelf! If not only a couple of days wait. Also TractorSmart has been very good when I have been unable to get to the dealer. I have yet to find a part that has been discontinued but there may be some.
This kind of support is a major reason my next tractor will also be a Kubota
Dave

/ New Tractor Models
Murph, Dave and Soundguy,
Thanks for the info. Looks like parts availability will not be an issue.

I guess I was just surprised that the tractors are made over so often. I wonder if they will wind up like autos with changes every year?

Phil