New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series #1  

RedDog

Platinum Member
Tractor
Caterpillar 277
I was looking at this site http://www.deenimplement.com/ and noticed the new M-series Kubota's look a whole lot like the Kioti DK series 45 and up. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

In the past some have said Kioti's looked liked Kubota's. I agree with that, but now it looks to me as if the newer Bota's are starting to resemble Kioti.

I believe the Kioti DK55 was the first model out with the new design, followed by the 45 and 65. Now the 06 M-series look like the above mentioned Kiotis. Didn't the old M-series have the gear shifter in the middle, now they have moved it to the left, (like Kioti) to clear up middle of the tractor.

All in all I think the new M-series look great. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I like the changes!

RedDog

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series #2  
Competition is good and I fully believe that each company can benefit from the success of certain features and model changes. We all thought it was wierd when dodge first came out with a pickup that had fenders that looked like a semi tractor. Now they're everywhere.

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series #3  
I think the new M series look like a ninja. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series
<font color="blue">Competition is good and I fully believe that each company can benefit from the success of certain features and model changes. We all thought it was wierd when dodge first came out with a pickup that had fenders that looked like a semi tractor. Now they're everywhere. </font>

Yep, I agree. I also think Ford benefitted from Dodge's radical design (at the time) when it came time for them to change body styles.

RedDog

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series #5  
I just bought a new M5700 and I kind of like the old design still ,maybe after a few years I will catch up also, I'm from the old school and it takes me a little longer to adjust I guess.As long as it does what I want it to do I will be happy,round or square I really don't care all that much.I like all the controls just where they are also as I am used to them being there I guess , but can see how others may want them in a different location,times do change and everyone needs to go with the flow, at my age it takes me a little longer but I get there eventually.I just enjoy being on a tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series
Wow! My email had several replies to this thread only to click onto and see that they have been deleted. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I delievered a backhoe sub-frame to the Kubota dealer yesterday, and we got to talking tractors. He said he liked the new look, and I agreed. He asked me if I was interested in a new M-series. I said thanks, but no thanks, I have a DK65. He then asked why I bought a Kioti over Kubota and I told him one big reason was WEIGHT .

RedDog

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wow! My email had several replies to this thread only to click onto and see that they have been deleted. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I said thanks, but no thanks, I have a DK65. He then asked why I bought a Kioti over Kubota and I told him one big reason was WEIGHT .

RedDog )</font>

You bought a tractor based on weight?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series #8  
sure.................I made it a consideration in my search

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series #9  
My "old" M9000 has the main shift on the right and the range on the left.

I too looked at Kioti's but their power stops at 65. Not nearly enough to seriously farm with. The M9 at 90 is about enough, though it's a little shy too. Perkins makes a good, fuel efficient motor. I have one in my Massey 1085.

/ New Kubota M-Series/ Kioti DK Series #10  
"Wow! My email had several replies to this thread only to click onto and see that they have been deleted."

I thought that I had replied to Bob's post about the curved loader and mentioned that Shibaura was using a curved loader in the mid-eighties (or earlier) and that maybe NH stole/emulated that, since they were having Shibaura make compacts for them.

I don't know if it didn't go through, or it got deleted. If it got deleted, I would like to know why - could the moderator who did it (if it did) PM and let me know why it got deleted? Thanks.