How many people have bought a tractor...

/ How many people have bought a tractor... #1  

tractor127

...from seeing it at a state or county fair?

Just curious because at the fairs around here no company ever puts out any tractors and im just wondering why. I know if i saw them at the fair it would make me start thinking that I wanted a new tractor hehe.

Thanks Have a great day

/ How many people have bought a tractor... #2  
I'm afraid state and county fairs are becoming less about agriculture and more about about sellling ginsu knives and salsa makers.

/ How many people have bought a tractor...
LOL...yea i noticed that to it's pretty much overpriced food. And companies trying to sell a whole bunch of stuff that is "As SEEN ON TV" crap.

/ How many people have bought a tractor... #4  
I came really close to buying an Iron Horse tractor (Jinma) after seeing it at the Freyburg Fair in Maine and after seeing how affordable they were. I saw the local John deere dealer had a few used models and a lot of new models also.
After many months of research I ended up stopping at my local <font color="orange">Kioti</font> dealer and the rest is history.

Yeah, these fairs are turning more towards paid programming and less agricultural. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="orange"> </font>

/ How many people have bought a tractor... #5  
We only had one local company show tractors, but they displayed more ZTR's and lawn equipment than tractors. Fairs have changed! Many of them don't even want petting zoos due to fear of E-Coli and litigation! I guess lawyers are making our world safer by denying us access to ANYTHING that may harm us. Ahhh!! That's why there are no tractors at the fair! Some kid might climb on one and get hurt because the parents weren't watching! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Joe

/ How many people have bought a tractor...
The Canfield Fair in Ohio is the only recent one I have been to that still has a lot of tractors on display. Of course it was there 159th aniversary this year so it's been around awhile. Most of the newer ones I have noticed did away with tractors being there.

That is a good point with the little kids climbing on them though.

/ How many people have bought a tractor... #7  
JoeR,

I heard about that petting zoo in Florida with the E Coli thing. I think it's pretty sad when you can't visit a petting zoo. Why not throw the dogs and cats out too. Who knows what they've been walking in. Let's throw lyme disease and West Nile disease and UV rays in there too. I'll tell you you there's days you wonder if you should even go outside anymore.

The other day on the news a reporter was saying a new study was saying having a big butt is actually good for your health while having a big gut is bad. Well gee, I've spent the last two years dieting and I can fit into jeans I haven't for a long while, but I still have some gut left. Now I find this out that I am in worse shape now than if I had just kicked back and opened a six pack and sat on my big butt.

I am going to tear down an old farm house on my place. Well now you got to have asbestos testing before you do that. You know the people who really had a problem with asbestos were the guys who worked in factories or job where they came in daily contact with dust born versions of it, But this obseesion with minute quantities has created a whole little industry of fear.

I guess (me being raised on a farm) going out to the chicken coop to pick up eggs for breakfast would kill the average kid nowadays.

And when I thnk about it, I never got sick until I started going to school.

So to sum up I think I rather go to a petting Zoo than going back to school again.

Sorry for the rant. Try to have nice day anyway.

/ How many people have bought a tractor... #8  
<font color="blue">How many people have bought a tractor...

...from seeing it at a state or county fair? </font>

Not me... but that doesn't stop me from looking. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Our county has grown in population and our county fair is more urban oriented to reflect that population change. However, there are some neighboring counties that are still more agriculturally oriented, and they usually have a good selection of dealers.

Our Indiana State Fair has a huge number of tractor brands on display( I went for the first time this year because my daughter had some green beans entered /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). I was quite surprised.

/ How many people have bought a tractor... #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Fairs have changed! Many of them don't even want petting zoos )</font>

Yep, I think the news story said the Texas State Fair this year couldn't afford the insurance for a petting zoo so they did away with it.

/ How many people have bought a tractor... #10  
I just bought my new kubota after shopping at the Kansas state fair. It is very much focused on ag and farming with lots of vendors catering to farmers and land owners.