Anybody here shipped a tractor before?

/ Anybody here shipped a tractor before?
Hey Tom:

Small world eh? I've dropped by in the past and looked at this tractor. Its pretty close to where I live. I found that it was a great deal but wasn't in hugely great condition when I saw it in person.

There've been a couple of other prospects around at look good. I'm told by a farmer I know that a LOT of farmers around here trade in their tractors at the end of the year - like the last week of December - if they figure its been a good year - so that they lower their annual tax bill.

/ Anybody here shipped a tractor before? #32  
Hi,

Yup, always a small world.

Well, who knows from the picture. Thought looked interesting re hrs and price.

There is a dealer on Hwy 5, the other side of Waterdown that had a very large Kobota ( L something but at least 30 HP )with an FEL, hydro, for $18K ask. He sells to local nurseries, goes out and checks on them to see if need service, does the service on site or brings them in for service.
Can't remember model but would have been in great shape as dealer is big on service and even has a truck on the road all the time to service tractors. Dealer is Galer Farm Equipment. Also had some other used stuff. Imagine flexible re price.
Another dealer around here has a Holland 1320 ( 21 hp )but not one of the new little ones, soft cab, loader, tiller, finish mower, hydro and around 871 hrs. Ask on it is $14900 which I thought was a little high but probably could deal a bit off it.
My buddy took me to see it and was nice shape. Didn't like the saleman but the owner introduced himself and was a nice guy.
One more is the Benye's ( Chinese ) the guy in Toronto has in the Autotrader. Should loader, tractor for $9k.

Better yet, do you want a TYM 330 HST, loader, 5' belly mower with less than a 100 hrs on it. Has a Kubota motor. Comes complete with 5 year warranty on powertrain and up to 10 year financing. Ask is $24,500 but you could figure 10% off that.

How about a new Massey GC2300 for $15K with loader or a
2310 TLB for $20K.

Hey, I should be a saleman.

Anyways, always have my eyes open.

Later and have a good one.

Tom

/ Anybody here shipped a tractor before?
Its a smaller world than I even thought! I jumped on that L3010 that Galer has the day it was listed at 18k on autotrader. By then it had already been sold :-(.

My next really good prospect is a L3450 thats ten years old but only has 340 hours on it - in Stratford. Just need to get down and see it. He's asking for 19k for it.

I've also got another dealer pricing out a JD000 D4400 with 500 or some hours on it. Seems like a really nice machine but I'm afraid that it will come in at a bit more than I really want to spend. 18k with a FEL would be just right - leaving room for taxes and a bush hog on top of that.

/ Anybody here shipped a tractor before? #34  
Hi,

I was in there just the day after he got it in. Thought was a bit pricey myself but what the hey.

You are getting up there in price. If it wasn't for your property size would suggest the Massey 2300 at $15K new or the 2310 TLB at $19900 with rebates of $500 and $900. Add in the 0% for 3 years and is pretty attractive. Greenline in Smithville has a Bota with cab, loader, blower for I think around $17k but may have a few hours on it. Can't recall hrs or series but seemed like a fair sized one.
If you are going to spend around 20K then you might as well look at the Deere 790 with a loader which you should be able to pick up most places for $19-20 with good financing.
Guy outside of Belleville has new Bransons starting at $24k with loader\remotes\loaded tires\block heater.

Good luck on your quest.

Later
Tom

/ Anybody here shipped a tractor before? #35  
Hello,

I live near of Mtl, I am OK with you when you talk about the price of used tractor the other side of the border. I am look for a mower Kubota Type F 2560 or 3060 and Kubota 3830. Yesterday, i found a carrier to brink back damaged car or other equipments to Canada via Stanstead border. The cost are reasonable. For a example, for 640 miles ride for a damaged car cost ±450$ CDN if the load are full with other equipments.

JD versus Kubota

I make a trial on my land three weeks ago of JD 3720 wt loader & Kubota 3830 wt loader for a full week end. The both are hydrostatic transmission. I am owner of Ford #1620 wt loader , hydrostatic and mower 60” bought in 1992. Now, my Ford has 3500 hrs run on the clock. No problem since 14 years run. I want to replace it by a more powerful tractor not bigger than my #1620. I plan to use a separate equipment to mow the grass next year.
JD are not the same equipment than Kubota. JD are more “marketable” product. It is more fashion, beautiful color mach green & yellow, electronic dash with different light for everything……no cluch pedal. It has plenty of hp, with a rought transmission. The Kubota is more convenience for working. The transmission are smoother, the engine run less noisy, you have a cluch pedal to stop PTO in case of….. . The loader and three point of Kubota are heavier and hydraulic components are better to. Either my Ford loader are more heavy than the JD and hydraulic components are the same than the new Kubota (Good quality). If you think working, reliable and resale Kubota is my 1st choice. The comparison are the same. Do you want to be a owner of Toyota or a GM car?
Junyacipo

/ Anybody here shipped a tractor before? #36  
I bought my JD790 from a dealer 600 miles from my home. I rented a 7000# flat bed trailer from my local rental place for $130US a WEEK! Hooked it up to my E-150 van, took a few days off work, and enjoyed the adventure. There is lots of pride in doing things yourself. Saved me about $4,000. WOW! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif