Thank you - FINALLY made my decision.

/ Thank you - FINALLY made my decision. #1  

canoetrpr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded
I owe a word of thanks to all of you out there who have helped me FINALLY make a decision.

I went from not having a clue as to what I needed to looking for used tractors locally, almost getting one shipped from the U.S, almost buying a used JD 4400 from a dealer 5 hours away, to finally making a decision to go with a brand new Kubota L3400HST from a local dealer - about 45 min away.

I went with a dealer that I am very comfortable dealing with. I did not try to price shop once I found this dealer but know enough of prices around here to know that I am getting a fair deal and I didn't have to ask or haggle for it - he just listed me a great price from the get go.

I'm extremely happy with the decision to go with the L3400HST. It is a nice and simple tractor with no gizmos other than the HST. I was tempted to step up to the L3130 but decided that I had splurged for gizmos enough in my new van and so I ought to buy what I needed in a tractor. Besides I'm getting a brand new machine - thats splurge enough for me.

Also bought a Woods BB60 rotary cutter, FEL and industrial tires. Would have never splurged for the FEL had it not been for the advice I received here.

Grand total was $24075 CDN + GST and PST. 0% financing for 36 months. The financing really sealed the deal on used vs. new. I would have had to take an usecured line of credit for about half of what a used machine would have cost me. Much more pleasant having someone else pay for the interest.

I've asked my dealer to price out a toothbar and a block heater as well.

Thanks again,

Canoetrpr

/ Thank you - FINALLY made my decision. #2  
Congrats on your purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I have shopped for tractor parts around the Toronto area before I retired. Most of the dealers were great to deal with. Even after I told them I was from the states. Was able to get some great deals compared to what was found here in the states. Of course the dollars was a lot better a couple of years ago, than what it is today. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
What area of Toronto are you from? I still have many Friends from my work years up there that I visit.

Now the hard part. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Waiting for delivery day. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Thank you - FINALLY made my decision. #3  
Well Done. Just in time for playing in the snow with your new toy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Your going to love it. The POWER.....the BIG tires.....the GROWL when it first starts up.....& of course the incredible looks of an awesome machine.

POST many pics when it arrives.

Vic

/ Thank you - FINALLY made my decision.
Hi Ron:

I'm in Queensville - just north and east of Toronto. Just moved here last month. We moved from a brand new semi detached postage stamp size back yard in suburrbia in Newmarket not far from here, to a 26 acre property in the country with a hundred + year old farm home.

We've only been here a month and it feels like we've been here for years. Country living is costing a lot more than suburbia - tractor et. all /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif but I can't actually believe that there there could be any other way to live.

/ Thank you - FINALLY made my decision. #5  
Congratulations Canoetrpr. You will love the tractor. Definitely get the block heater. They are relatively cheap and make winter operation so much easier on the tractor.

Have fun!

Jeff

/ Thank you - FINALLY made my decision. #6  
Newmarket to Queensville. Not far, but what a change in life style. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
You may find another of Muhammad's sites helpful with you new place. countrybynet.