Dream come true!

/ Dream come true! #1  

LeadPoison

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900
A while back I started the post below:
Deer Camp Tractor

Money was an issue back then, but now there isn't due to a little cash cow.

So here is what I want to do:

Bushhog and disc 30+- acres (lots of ground engaged work)
Plant deer crops
Clear some Katrina debris
FEL work - 4WD a must
Fill ruts and road erosion on hill
In 7-9 years we will be cutting 175 acres of mature pine. Need to do some cleanup duty. I will be burning a lot of it afterwards. Maybe a d-6 would best for this.

Don't want a cab.

I was thinking something in the 55-70 hp range.

Oh yeah I need implements too!

Size trailer? I have a 2500 diesel.

I also want something that is EASY to operate. I don't have much if any tractor experience. But I have relatives that are diehards for 50+ years. They will get me going.

I was thinking about the new Kubota M line up. I was also thinking about the big Mahindras, but I have 2 Orange dealers within 25 minutes. I just want something that is going to go the distance and hold up.

So let me have it!

/ Dream come true! #2  
I would look at a M6800 (or its replacement) with MFWD, Hydraulic Shuttle Shift, FEL with quick attach, Foldable Rops, maybe the creeper gears, a good Root Grapple , a Bush Whacker rotary mower, box blade, disc, maybe a three or four bottom plow, perhaps a cultivator, and if you wanna go for broke, a No-Till Drill (your local farm extenstion usually has these guys for rent).

For a trailer, I would look at a gooseneck deckover type. There was a really good discussion on trailers just recently.

/ Dream come true! #3  
"a little cash cow" Sounds like a big cow to me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ Dream come true! #4  
How much ya want for yer cow??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Dream come true!
Cow has already been sold! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So...

What else would you guys reccomend for 20-25 acres of cutting, disking, and planting?

Like I said before, I want 4WD and FEL as well as 6 foot disc and cutter.