Kubota vs Challenger

/ Kubota vs Challenger #11  
All other things being equal (is the Challenger an HST?), the Challenger should be a little more tractor.

I don't think you could go wrong with either, if they are both in equal shape. Personally I'd be a little leary of rental returns, just because I know some of the people that rent things, but thats just me.

Your opinion of the dealers involved and availablity of service should be your guide.

/ Kubota vs Challenger
<font color="blueclass=small">( All other things being equal (is the Challenger an HST?), the Challenger should be a little more tractor.

I don't think you could go wrong with either, if they are both in equal shape. Personally I'd be a little leary of rental returns, just because I know some of the people that rent things, but thats just me.

Your opinion of the dealers involved and availablity of service should be your guide.

)

Yes the Challenger is hydrostatic. I actually went by a local cat dealer today and let me tell you, one look over and the Challenger wins hands down when you compare size for size, hp for hp, class for class. Looking wise, and comparing stats that Challenger is the better tractor for the money, new or used. The do seem to compare in price, but you get a bit more with the Challenger it seems. This Challenger I am interested in is about a 1.5 hr drive away and the question I have to ask tomorrow is whether it's the "B" series, which I understand is the newer model beginging I think 2005. With 550 hrs it's likely an '05 I would think, my father in law didn't know whether it's a "B" model or not. So if it is, I think it's a winner all else considered, depending on shape. I'll be going there thursday to see it first hand. They said I could take it and demo it before making my decision. From talking to the rental yards, the standard practice is to "flip" them every year, at about 800-1000 hrs, before they get too used and lose too much value and to keep a fresh new line to rent. It's not like the old days where they rented them till they're dead in the field.

Did the "B" series start in 04 or 05, do you know?

/ Kubota vs Challenger #13  
I understand the qualms about rental equipment, however, since a new MT265B (or MF 1533 similarly equipped) would be in the $18K neighborhood, the savings, and any professional service done by the rental company, not to mention any "bugs" being worked out of either brand, then it comes down to which dealer treats you like they really want to take care of you. In my experience, and I have the MT265B, I thought that the CAT dealer was the most willing to do what ever it took to make us happy, not just make the sale, including being the only dealer to offer to let us take the tractor home over the weekend and put it to the test. Good luck, and happy tractoring, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Havenlane

/ Kubota vs Challenger #14  
djg, I think they changed the link now. I can't bring it up at all.
Now that I know what you were talking about, that was a very funny reply /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. haha

/ Kubota vs Challenger #15  
<font color="blue">more fun than a tractor </font>

djg, don't sweat it, I've caught some heat around here as well. I think everyone realizes that the keyboard is a poor substitute for "real" communication, and that things get lost in translation very easily.

Now you know, never suggest that ANYTHING is more fun than a tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (Although I can think of a few things that are - maybe someone ELSE needs to get out more). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Take care, John D.