Kubota vs Challenger

/ Kubota vs Challenger #1  

Winston_Cup

The two tractors I'm looking at are a Kubota B7800 and a Challenger MT 265. What is the difference between the Kubota series and Challenger series tractors, how do they compare quality wise, strength, use etc?
How much CAT is actually in the Challenger? Or are they just sold by CAT and made by someone else?

What are those two worth with about 500 hrs on each, good condition, both with loader and full hydraulic box scrapers.

Thanks

/ Kubota vs Challenger #2  
SAw some Challenger tractors on the way home last night . They look lokie the real deal. I went to the web site but it was slow down loading and I went to bed. I am thinking of trading my present rid for a comprable Chellenger. Any one know anything about them, they look rugged as heck and seem to be the real deal.

/ Kubota vs Challenger #4  
An Xbox 360 would be cheaper and more fun than a tractor.

/ Kubota vs Challenger
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( An Xbox 360 would be cheaper and more fun than a tractor. )</font>

Boy you need to get out more often, meet yourself a nice woman, a real one, get married, then you'll find out just how much fun a tractor can be. Of course you'll have to move outta your mom's house first, get a job and buy your own tractor.

/ Kubota vs Challenger #6  
AGCO makes Challengers. There is no CAT in them, they are marketed by CAT dealers to give them smaller agricultural products.

If you check out Massey and AGCO you'll find the same tractors at somewhat lower prices. Good thing about Challenger is they can be serviced by any AGCO dealer, and there are many of them around. My Kubota dealer sells AGCO and Massey and also services the larger Challengers for several of his customers.

Few things in life are as much fun as a tractor.

/ Kubota vs Challenger
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( AGCO makes Challengers. There is no CAT in them, they are marketed by CAT dealers to give them smaller agricultural products.

If you check out Massey and AGCO you'll find the same tractors at somewhat lower prices. Good thing about Challenger is they can be serviced by any AGCO dealer, and there are many of them around. My Kubota dealer sells AGCO and Massey and also services the larger Challengers for several of his customers.

Few things in life are as much fun as a tractor.

)</font>

Thank you sir. As I've gathered so far from searching the web, if I understand correctly, Challenger was originally a CAT product but at some point AGCO, which I am not familiar with by the way, bought the Challenger brand from CAT and CAT continues to to sell them at all their dealerships?

History aside, how do the quality, durability and capabilities compare between the Kubota and the Challenger? If you can do an apples to apples comparision, model size or hp wise?

The choice I have in front of me is between a Kubota B7800 with loader and full hydraulic box scrapper, appr 500 hrs

or

A Challenger MT265 with loader and full hydraulic box scrapper appr 550 hrs.

Both are ex rentals, both hydrostatic and both are priced at $14,000.

I have some experience from renting a few Kubotas in the past, but have zero with the Challenger. I haven't even seen a Challenger in person yet, but when I mentioned I was picking a Kubota, my father in law, who uses heavy equipment daily, dug me up this Challenger MT265 at one of his connections and said I might want to consider it first.

Thanks for any input I can get here.

/ Kubota vs Challenger #8  
You may be more familiar with AGCO products sold under the Massey Ferguson name. At any rate, AGCO is the parent company of Massey Ferguson, AGCO, Challenger, Fendt, Gleaner, New Idea, Spra-Coupe, and many others.

As for the AGCO-CAT/Challenger connection, CAT originally designed, built and sold a line of large Challenger tracked farm tractors. Under CAT, there were no Challenger wheel tractors. AGCO bought the Challenger name, and I believe also the tracked Challenger tractor design, from CAT, and gave CAT dealers distribution rights to the Challenger lineup.

The only CAT in these Challenger compacts is the yellow paint. Some of the larger Challenger wheel tractors use Cat/Perkins engines, but not the compacts--the compacts are all Iseki. The only Challengers that are truly CAT products are the large tracked Challengers.

With that said, the Challenger compacts, mt200 and mt200b series, are very good tractors, and personally are the sharpest looking of the AGCO compacts. However, from what I've gleaned on here, the Challengers usually come with a price premium over the MF and AGCO branded tractors (but not always--some dealers get the prices very competitive with comparable MF tractors). I hope this helps.

/ Kubota vs Challenger #9  
It was just a joke. When I click on the challenger link, I go to microsoft site that was featuring Xbox at the time. Anyone else same thing?