Rookie 101 Question - Garden Mower vs. Tractor

/ Rookie 101 Question - Garden Mower vs. Tractor #41  
TxSteve

Welcome to TBN and all the fun of tractor ownership and contemplation there of. The next time you come to College Station make a run up to Normangee at OSR and TX39. You will find Normangee Tractor and J5 Tractor there. You can look at Kubota, Massey Furgeson, Mahindra, Zetor, Club Cadet and more. Both dealers have a reputation for having good prices and fair dealing.

We lived in Austin for several years and when we moved to the Houston in the mid 60's for me to work for NASA our son (about 5 yrs) went outside of our new house to play and came running back in crying "there are no rocks". Welcome to East Texas.

Vernon

/ Rookie 101 Question - Garden Mower vs. Tractor #42  
If you do get a loader and decide to use it as a tool box, don't forget that you are using it as a tool box. I recently dumped a load of debris which included a chain saw, gas can, and chain oil. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Rookie 101 Question - Garden Mower vs. Tractor #43  
I have a subCut with FEL on my 5 acres. I use the FEL to clear snow and haul firewood mostly. Like others have mentioned I can not imagine going back to not having it. But I did manage to do those chores one way or another prior to purchasing the FEL.

There is a TBN member named DIYguy who has done remarkable landscaping jobs without the use of a FEL. Here is a link to HIS WEBSITE
He uses a boom pole and a cart to move rocks.

Phil

/ Rookie 101 Question - Garden Mower vs. Tractor #44  
<font color="blue">I cannot imagine going back to not having it.
1*But I did manage to do those chores one way or another prior to purchasing the FEL. </font>
<font color="purple"> </font>

<font color="red">~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ </font>

Not so my case.
1*Most of the things I've done with the fel were never done and would never have been done without it.