Smallest shuttle shift?

/ Smallest shuttle shift? #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
Since after much reading and looking I've pretty well decided I need to get a shuttle shift tractor (I think /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif), but I also want a small one, I'm wondering who makes the smallest tractor with a shuttle. I don't care if it needs to be clutched when going from forward to reverse or not, but am just wondering who makes the smallest package with a shuttle shift. Hopefully someone makes one in the 25 to 30 hp, 2500 lb range. It would help a lot if it's from CNH, JD, Kubota, or Agco, but Mahindra or Massey will also work.

/ Smallest shuttle shift? #2  
I am not real sure but kubota's L-3130 is around 30 HP and you can get that with the shuttle. I have the L-3830 w/shuttle and its up tp the operator wheather to use the clutch or not. Go try out a few is the best was to help you decide.

/ Smallest shuttle shift? #3  
several years ago, i had a yanmar ym226 (usa model) with shuttle. about the size you want. worked great. only thing to remember is if you shuttle from forward to reverse without a slight pause in neutral, HOLD ON! it worked real well in combo with the foot throttle.

/ Smallest shuttle shift? #4  
The Kioti LB1914 has 8x8 shuttle, as does the CK25 and CK30, the CK20 has sychro shift from 1st to reverse so it is just about as easy to use as a shuttle. Most CUT require clutch use on their shuttles. A tap on the brake is a good idea and will be easier on the machine, and is required on some non-synchro shuttles. The big advantage is not getting stuck with a painfully slow reverse if you are working in low range. for really easy front back on a small tractor, hydrostat is the way to go, fewer moving parts too and your clutch should last a very very long time!

/ Smallest shuttle shift? #5  
The smallest Massey Ferguson that has shuttle shift is the MF 1533. It has 33-engine hp and 26 PTO hp. There are two shuttle transmissions available on it. The 8x8 SynchroShuttle which uses a dry clutch and has 8 forward and 8 reverse gears. Then there is the 12x12 PowerShuttle. It has 12 forward and 12 reverse gears. You don’t have to clutch to change directions. Another good thing which is a very very good thing is that the clutch pack it submerged in hydraulic fluid and will last a very very long time and may not ever wear out.

/ Smallest shuttle shift?
Is that Massey like the Agco ST33A, or the ST34A? My Massey dealer basically doesn't stock the small tractors, just the big ones, but I have 3 Agco dealers within a decent distance.

I have a Kioti dealer 35 miles away, and another one 50 miles. I've never really looked at one up close and personal. How good are these things with regard to needing dealer service?

/ Smallest shuttle shift? #7  
The MF 1533 is like the AGCO ST34A. The ST33A is a smaller mid chassis.

/ Smallest shuttle shift? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a Kioti dealer 35 miles away, and another one 50 miles. I've never really looked at one up close and personal. How good are these things with regard to needing dealer service? )</font>

Can't speak for other owners. But my Kioti DK 35 has never been back to the dealer . I have owned it now for around 4 years/700 hours.