On the horns of a dilema

/ On the horns of a dilema #11  
I say talk to the owner. He (nephew) doesn't know how much you know. Apparently he needs to learn a lesson.

Everybody only has just one integrity inside of them. It starts out crystal clear and gets muddied up by our mistakes. Its much harder to get back clear again after getting muddied, but it is possible with a lot of time and real integrity.

OTOH, what the heck are you doing asking questions of this nature to a stranger??? You should know to come here and ask us for the whole truth... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ On the horns of a dilema #12  
Talk with the owner, explain what you and he know is the answer to the question, then volunteer to come in and work for a while to train the kid and wisen him in the way of tractor folk rather than sales garbage. Then you can get an employee discount on the new tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ On the horns of a dilema #13  
I think you gotta talk to the owner and let him know, also to help the salesman and the buisness out, just think if he is doing this to you, others are also getting poor and inaccurate knowledge.... I think they should know where they failed...

/ On the horns of a dilema #14  
I would have talked to the new salesman again before I went to his boss, if he was simply inexperienced but honest he would probably be embarrassed but thank you for your help, this would build mutual respect for the future. If he was dishonest he would just give you more jib-jab and then at least you would truly know where he is coming from and then go to his boss and complain.

/ On the horns of a dilema
I had a long talk with the owner of the dealership yesterday afternoon. It seems that I'm not the only one complaining about the "new kid" stretching the truth about things. He's used to dealing with homeowners and lawn mowers. This is his first gig where he's dealing with farmers. Most farmers are more knowledgable on tractors than the average bear. He's not fooling anyone.

I suggested that the owner sit down with him and explain the situation, then give him ONE MORE SHOT. By serving notice that he isn't folling anyone, this kid MIGHT just quit trying to snow people and become a good salesman. And now the owner knows he needs to watch his sales staf a little closer.

I also suggested they GIVE me a tractor for my troubles. No reply on that comment yet.............

/ On the horns of a dilema #16  
The boy might turn out fine if he is schooled properly by his uncle and if he doesn't he will probably end up behind the parts counter at best for his sake.

I agree with you, I don't expect to be served by a "used car salesman" if I go to John Deere. I want to sit down with a good ol boy who will look at my needs, point me in the right direction tell the truth and not pressure me on a decision before I decide.

I will take a fine young man or woman that has the guts to tell the truth and admit he doesn't know something and go get help to get the correct answer too because they have too learn to be successful and 30 years from now they will be that good ol boy or girl.

Once I have made a decision based on fact then I will accept pressure and comments like "I have to feed my family" during number crunching time because me having been "used car salesman", I will have gone home and come back with my decision to buy with all my homework done and I am putting the pressure back on their shoulders until I get to the price I want to pay. Some might not like to haggle but I love it and will sometimes take weeks to haggle a price on a new car until the dealer gets below the factory invoice price because I know they make incentives from the factory too.

/ On the horns of a dilema #17  
Good luck on the tractor, if it works out let us know the dealership so we can all go also.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ On the horns of a dilema #18  
Ignorant on a particular subject, excusable (especially if new to job)
Not ignorant and giving a dishonest answer, NO EXCUSE.

I assume since you have been a good customer for 30+ years , that Uncle Owner knows you. In my opinion it would be a favor to Uncle if you tell him your story.

<font color="red">Merry Christmas </font><font color="blue"> Happy New Year </font>