Kioti vs Kubota

/ Kioti vs Kubota #1  

Humbleto

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST
I'm considering my first tractor purchase. I'm looking at the Kioti CK30 and the Kubota L3400. Both are 4wd, hst, with loader, R4 tires, box blade and shredder. Dealers are about the same distance. Kubota has more power and name recognition. Kioti is heavier and dealer more responsive. Any guidance??

/ Kioti vs Kubota #2  
I am 100% happy with my L3400, That said, go with the dealer you feel the best with. Both tractors are good and will do a good job for you, the difference will be the dealer support. The bottom line for me with both tractors nearly equal, always the dealer is the deal maker.

/ Kioti vs Kubota #3  
I own a Kioti, and am quite pleased with it. More importantly, where does the Mississippi run North?

/ Kioti vs Kubota #4  
I am 100% happy with my CK30, That said, go with the dealer you feel the best with.

/ Kioti vs Kubota #5  
Rich,
For a short stretch near the Quad Cities, the Mighty Miss runs North. Because of the rock structure around here it is narrow and is one of the only parts of the river which does this. Our claim to fame other than John Deere.

/ Kioti vs Kubota #6  
This is always a fun one since Kioti kinda looks like a Kubota knock off. I am not of the group that worries about the dealer too much so I will leave it to you to find one that is "sufficient". Of more important to me is the features of the tractors in question and the price. The two tractors you have chosen are similar but different in some ways. If they are both HST models then they are pretty close and getting closer as Kubota improves the comforts L3400.

Both of those tractors in HST are going to serve you well. I would not hesitate to purchase another Kioti CK30HST. It is the cat's meow.

Get quotes and compare features.

/ Kioti vs Kubota #7  
The CK30 seemed like a nice machine to me. I decided on the L3400 myself for a few reasons:

- The Kioti dealer network in Canada - and particularly where I am didn't seem to be that great. I wasn't too comfortable with the closest dealer with me and there weren't too many to choose from.

- Someone locally who just sold a 4 year old Kioti with 250h in mint condition, took a real beating on resale value which he would not have with a Kubota. Thas to do with the lack of popularity of the Kioti vs. Kubota in my local area. It doesn't sound like this is the case everywhere and it may not be the case locally for me going forward as Kioti seems to be getting more and more popular. But this is where things sit right now for me.

- The price difference between Kioti and Kubota didn't justify going for the Kioti despite the two points I made above. This was particularly because the extra PTO hp on the L3400 did not seem like a good thing to trade off for some of the extra niceties of the CK30.

That said I think that the CK30 is probably better compared to the L3130 rather than the L3400 and it was working out to be cheaper by a few thousand to the L3130 for me. If I wanted the L3130, I might have looked harder at the CK30. The CK30 seemed like a real nice machine and if I was more comfortable with the dealer I think that may have been the route I went - who knows.

Both very nice machines IMHO. Good luck.

/ Kioti vs Kubota #8  
This may not be in the best of taste, but it also runs north in New Orleans during high tide and big storm swells -- at least up to the first Army Corps water flow control structure.

As long as this thread is pretty much done and we're talking about water doing odd stuff, did you guys know that Lake Erie can be up to 15 feet higher above sea level at the Buffalo end than at the Toledo end? Not always, but during long periods of strong westerly winds.

/ Kioti vs Kubota #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
That said I think that the CK30 is probably better compared to the L3130 )</font>

I'd strongly disagree, the L3130 is a much more capable tractor.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kioti is heavier and dealer more responsive. Any guidance??
)</font>

Both tractors do need proper rear balast, so your going to have to add 500-600lbs either one. With weight more is not always better for small tractors, balance is whats important.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kioti seems to be getting more and more popular )</font> It does look this way on the internet, industry sales figures have not been showing substantial gains.

/ Kioti vs Kubota #10  
Until the L3400 got HST and a cupholder I would have said that the 3130 is the closest thing Kubota has to a CK30 eqivalent. Capacities are indeed somewhat higher on the 3130 but it is as close a comparison as you can get.