TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #1  

Chase

Wow which one should I buy, I was very impressed with both the JD and Kubota thanks Chase /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB
Im just a new member, I hope I didn't ask anything wrong or post this in the wrong place /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #3  
Welcome to TBN. If you tell people what your needs are and your budget limits, I'm sure you will get some great help. No one can tell you which tractor is best for you if they don't know what you need it for. Lot size, immediate uses as well as future uses. How do you feel about the dealers you visited? All the makes and models on here are well represented by owners and dealers. I'm sure you will get tons and tons of information. Good luck!!

Make sure you fill out your profile. That will really help /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Donny, thanks for your reply. I have settled on approx 40 to 50 hp compact tractor with cab. I have owned 8 different large tractors several farms and many implements, I have since sold my farms and want a small tractor where my home is located on 12 acres with yard, woods, lake and many trees. Both tractors are of similar size with cab, Im going to get the 4720 or 5030 I just wanted some other opinions beside my own. My great grand father always said several minds are better then one, thanks Chase P.S. There are good dealers for both. I will by buying a Land Pride reverse tine tiller, power rake, anbo root graple, Rhino grader blade and woods gill and possibly a tree shear and commmercial agrmetal leaf vacumn

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #5  
Your profile doesn't indicate your location, but if you live at any appreciable altitude, the 4720 is turbo charged (all 4x20 tractors are turbo) while the L5030 is naturally aspirated. Therefore, you won't loose the typical 3% per 1000 feet of elevation loss (18% @ 6000') with the 4720 that you will with the naturally aspirated engine of the L5030.

Also, the 4720 is rated at 50 PTO HP. The L5030 is rated at 44 PTO HP with the GST transmission and 42.5 PTO HP with the HST transmission. Technically, a more apples to apples PTO HP comparison without considering altitude in the Deere line would be the 45 PTO HP 4520. I only mention this because the 4520 will be $1625 less (list price from the JD configurator) than a 4720 (both with eHydro transmissions).

Bam, I liked you jeep going up the rock. I live in Ky, have just a little redneck in me and also have a custom rock crawling rig. I live near sea level but im still leaning towards the deer for some of the points you pointed out. If Kubota had a larger hp on basically the same frame i would be looking at it. I always believe getting all the engine possible in the size tractor im considering. I also like the deer's cab a little better, its quieter, the brake peddles are opposite the hydrostat peddle, able to use the brakes for steering if needed, the deer has a air seat, the 4wd engagement is located on the dash, a better location not to hit with your foot, preasurised cab with filter, load match, "a biggie to me" the loader comes off much easier with the deer. I like the optional transmission cooler on the deer. The deer also has a sloped hood with sloped loader and more hp and torque as you mentioned. The kubota has a few things I like better, it seems to have a beafier front axle, a beefier three point hitch with cat 1/2 possibilities and manual cruise contro.l I spoke with the deer's shop foerman and mechanic and also a rental fleet person for the john deer, they have not had any trouble out of the 4720 front axle, three point hitch nor has any of the commercial landscapers I have spoken with had any trouble. When I started my intensive research three weeks I really believed I would end up with the Kubota, but the deer is winning out and I believe in the next 2 weeks I will probably order. I also like the location of the deer's fuel tank, it is built into the cab's fender configuration and is approx 5 gallons larger, the engine also is a USA powertech diesel not yanmar and made in Georgia. I have made a trip to the factory to see where they are made. The deer's cab is the nicest cab I have ever seen on a small tractor and its not made overseas, its made it waterloo,thanks for your reply Chase

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #7  
I would love to have either of these as my dream tractor. However, the $$$ is my nemisis.

I am very interested in how the 4720 cab works out. One thing I worry about is how my bumpy fields would treat a cab model of this size. No doubt, the air seat would be a great option. I just think that the bouncing around would tend to work things loose and you end up with a very squeaky ride. I have no experience with this so I'd like to hear from those who do.

Kyle, I can say without doubt when you look how the cab is built out of steel, stiffens the plastic fenders and isolated from the frame and rubber mounted. There should be no problems. They also make this cab in waterloo, where they make there big cabs, so they understand what it takes to me a good cab, thanks for the reply and I will let you know, merry x-mas, thanks Chase

/ TEST DROVE 4720 W/CAB & 5030 W/CAB #9  
seems like you pretty much settled on the JD , it seems to fit your requirement and you appear to like it. so that is the one you should get. might be a good idear to ask particular questions or likes/dislikes from owners on the JD AND KUBOTA FORUMS.
WELCOME ABOARD /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Frank, thanks for the advice, I was just wanting a few other opinions besides my own. Have great x-mas, Chase /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif